Sunday, March 06, 2005

What's come to perfection, perishes

I read the quote that titles this blog in my abnormal psycholgy textbook this morning. It started the chapter on eating disorders but I found myself thinking about it in my own context since I am a sort of perfectionist myself. I thought it was a good idea, that if I was perfect then I would no longer have a purpose, so it made me feel a little better. I needed that this morning seeing as I havn't slept a full night in a while, and I was grumpy.
I'm almost there though, to the calm after the storm when the midterms end and you get a few days to catch your breath, pick your courses for next year, write letters to thesis supervisors and all that Jazz. I'm too far behind at this point to get all of my assignments done by tuesday as well as study for my exam on tueday so I'm prioritizing. I don't know when they expect me to sleep. haha, I say "they" as if there is someone against me wanting me to suffer. I'm funny
I'm going to take a break on wendsday I decided. Reward myself and take a nap or something. I don't want to burn out before finals but it always seems to happen with me. I should be smart like the other kids and slack off till then ;)
I am writing a chem lab periodically between studying but for some reason (as is usual with chemistry) I just dont get it...something about submitochondrial particles in oxidative phosphorylation in beef heart....too much for me to handle. Luckily I only have 2 more chem labs in the history of my life. Yes!!
Anyways, I should get back to studying if I plan on sleeping at all tongiht. I have a whole other lab report to write in the morning before class so I need to be functional and productive.
To everyone I have been neglecting...HI!! I miss you

Aimee

PS. grandma...thanks for your email, I did get the film processed but it's special film and I only get to make one print into an actual picture. I had fun taking the pictures though.
As for my exam...I'll let you know how it went as aoon as I know. I'm hoping its not as bad as I think, chances are I've exagerrated the bad parts in my head....otherwise hopefully my professor will curve the marks. Enjoy the rest of the nice weather. I can't wait to shed my winter coat and feel warm air on my face!! Lucky...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home