Thursday, September 22, 2005

So it's Thursday Again

Remember last thursday when I said I would forever hate thursdays...well I haven't really changed my mind much. BUT thursday means 3 things;

1. I run two labs which I love, but I find myself doing a crap-load of extra work because I want to be as helpful as possible, but I think people might be refering their friends to my lab, because I seem to have more and more new people. I also think, people are unwilling to switch from my lab because I try to push them into other lab sections and they just don't wanna go. Also, I have more than my fair share of students who just started at Laurier, and therefore have no clue how to use anything. I mean, can't even log into a computer...it's not good. So, I have meetings scheduled outside of lab time to meet these people and catch them up a bit on what's going on. BUT it means I get to meet people who in some cases are helpful. Like today, this one girl who is a lot of work, happens to be in my thesis class too, and she's written the GRE's twice! So, she offered up some of her materials for me to photocopy. Of course, she is also writing them a third time, and suggested we study together...did I mention I was tutoring for free? I didn't think so...but yeah, I guess for the use of her materials their might be some form of payment there.

2. Survivor is on tonight!! Yay. I freakin love this show, and will stand by it even if I have too much to handle in the way of school.

3. Thesis class was today. For some people I'm sure this just means another 3 hours of class, but for me it means anxiety galore. I am forced to fess up to the fact that I am not prepared for grad school admissions. This sucks, but I met with the prof after class and she said "go for it". She seems to think that if I can keep myself organized (which I think I can...like that little train...) then I can pull it off.

So, here goes nothing people. If I don't call or stop to talk, don't hate me. I'll try to get a good job, and pay for friends later (hehe). For now, I have an agenda full of things to do tonight, and I still need time for #2 (see above). I still love you all, and hope you keep visiting. I'll try to write about something other then school once in a while, but no guarentees...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing is for free...didn't your Mama Dukes ever tell you that? Oh Wait that's me and YES I did!
YOU CAN DO IT!!! Your friends will understand and so will I!
Have you ever thought about teaching???
You are so smart and I love you so much!!!
Talk to you soon!
Love Mom

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home