Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sea of 1000 Thoughts

So, I have found myself having random moments of reflection when I take a moment and realize that:

a) I have to go back to school in a couple of days to face my last year of hard work and dedication at Laurier. I am scared shitless because I have never lived alone, and I really dont have a lot of hobbies to keep me busy. This can only mean one thing. An awful lot of studying, with breaks taken staring at the ceiling, instead of popping into the room next door to bug my big sis. Man my roomies are gunna think I'm annoying.

b) Another summer is past. Another bout of hot weather gone, and another cold winter coming. A cold winter with snow, slush, and every day a grey sky. If anything is consistant in Waterloo, it's the grey sky. Once I'm finished this year, I will avoid Waterloo with all I have in me. I will drive around it, or just never go that direction.

c) My sister is going to be a teacher. Now, don't get me wrong, I am happy for her and everything, but she's on track to her career and I'm jelous OK? I decided I want to be a balarina when I grow up, but I was told I should have decided that a long time ago, to start stunting my growth. So again, I'm screwed....figures.

But there is some good news in all of this. I get to go to school, I've lived through another summer, and my sister is going to be a teacher.


PS. My prof from my fourth year cognitive psych class emailed me (not my thesis prof), and said she got grants from the government to run the experiment I proposed to her last year. So, apparently I'm not a lost cause, and she wants to keep me involved. So...more work to do. Haha, school life is grand. But it doesn't look like I got those jobs, so I'll have 20 extra hours on my hands. Might as well make good use of myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home