Friday, August 26, 2005

I'm alive and Kicking

So, I was sitting outside last night having a friendly game of cribbage with mom and Robbie, and I feel a tickle under my shirt. I thought it was a fly, so I went to swat it away, and felt a prick. Being allergic to bees and wasps, I immediatly started to panic. I told my mom I had just been stung and I got my epi-pen close by just in case I was going to swell up and pass out. I wasn't sure what to do, as I haven't been stung since I was about 18 months old. That time, I was stung on the face, which may have been part of the reason I has such a severe reaction.

This time however, I lived to tell about it. I got a toonie sized welt on my back right where I had been stung, and eventual hives like crazy. I took some Bendryl, and continued my game of crib. My throat didn't close, although I was having a little bit of trouble breathing. I think I was having a bit of a panic attack because let's face it, I was scared I was going to have to take a needle. Funnily enough, I am not scared of passing out, but I AM terribly afraid of needles. I would have my mom stick me after I passed out.

Anyway, I am still itchy like I have chicken pox, but the rash has gone down, and I am alive. So, I think I might be safe after all (in terms of dying) when I get stung. I will still carry my pen just in case I react worse to a wasp sting, or in case I get stung on the neck, or some such situation. It wasn't nice, but now I know what it feels like, and I don't feel so left out.

For those of you that are with me in the summer months, you can still feel free to protect me when the time comes. I would prefer not to experience that often.

I downloaded all the fun summer pictures I took in the past few months, so be sure that there is a nice fun long blog coming this weekend. I might split it up into a few, to save getting yelled at by those that hate long blogs. But it doesn't count if there's picutres right??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home