Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Ontario Place

Firstly, although not the subject of this post, I wanted to let all those out there (that give a shit) know that I got called into EAI for work for 2 weeks!! Yay. This means that I would have quit Rabba anyways, as I will make the same amount of money in two weeks as I would have made all summer (or probably anyways), and I'm finished working right before I was supposed to go on holidays with Greg. So, although I don't get to spend the last two days of mom's holidays with her, I get to go into work with her every day for 2 whole weeks! When one door closes, a window opens. I love it.

Anyways, yesterday me, mom, and Brianne and her friend Shannon went to Gulliver's beach. It was a great day to soak in the sun rays and cool off in the lake. We played cards, and had a picnic lunch and had a great old time. This is a great day that is cheap for anyone looking for something to do. I have spent a few dyas there this summer, and have enjoyed it every time. I will post pictures sometime if we ever figure out how to do it from home. Anyways...

Today me, Bri, Shannon, mom, and Jen went to Ontairo Place for the day. We has play all day passes for 4 and so mom just had to get one more, and we spent all day playing. First, we went to the bumper boats which were a great time. I wish we had taken more pictures. Oh well. Anyways, next we went to see and Imax film called ROAR: Lions of Africa or something to that degree. It was wicked, cause the screen is huge and it looks like you're actually in the desert. We got to see the lions fight, and breed, and hunt etc. The baby lions were too cute.

Next, we went to a ride called MARS that was kind of boring and made me motion sick. Followed by an adventure ride that was pretty cool, and gets you a little wet at the end. This is great when it is 43 degrees outside. We rode that ride twice. Good Times.

We went on paddle boats, went to lunch, and then went to see DOLPHINS another Imax film. This one was also pretty cool. I learned some stuff I didn't know about dolphins, and mom and Jen got a little nap. Brianne is such a freak for dolphins that she liked it too. After all of this fun, it was 3:30pm and we still hadn't hit the water park. We were all hot though and in need of some cooling off. The dolphin movie was a tease too cause I just wanted to jump into the ocean on the screen.

The water park wasn't what I expected. There was a few water slides which required that you climb a bazillion stairs, after waiting in 2 lines. One for a tube, then one for the ride. This was silly, so we went on the only ride that required no tube line...actually, we went on this slide 3 times. It was pretty fun. We also hit the splash pad for a short while. I took a few pics (to come later) There was a cool bucket thing that filled with water really high up and eventually tipped and fell on peoples heads. It felt like you were under a waterfall for about 3 seconds. Some kid got a 6inch gash in his head, so the water was turned off, and we went home.

It was a much longer day then we had intended (as is this blog) but alot of fun. I'm glad I got to enjoy this day. I have to work tomorrow (yay!) so I have to finish my laundry and get to bed. Hope everyone else is having a fabulous week!

Aimee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home