Thursday, June 23, 2005

Another Week Gone By

I have thought about blogging all week but I can't think of anything to write about, so I figured I would just write a quick update on this week.

I went and handed out another 20 or so resumes. I lied and told places that I wasn't going back to school. Lying kills me, but lets remember that I only have 2 more months to make some money. My bank account is dwindled and my standards are gone. I applied at a few Tim Horton's, a couple more Starbucks, Williams, Cotton Ginny, Smart Set, American Eagle, Timmothy's etc etc. Without a car, this treck took me 5 hours. I got a bit of a sunburn and some exercise. I am willing WalMart and other places to call me. I have done follow-ups and get no answers. Every job available on the net requires that you be available to work throughout the school year. Nothing yet.

I am really counting on the two jobs I applied for at school. I guess if I can work hard enough, I can make some money through the school year to buy groceries, and if worst comes to worst, I can get a part-time job in Waterloo if I don't get the RA and TA positions. I will though. And I will be great at it.

Greg gets his surgery tomorrow at noon. I am traveling to Cambridge with his father to be there when Greg gets put under. I am scared for him, but I'm sure he'll recover wonderfully. For those who don't know, he is getting his tonsils and adenoids removed, and his nose scraped. This is because he snores really badly, and stops breathing more often then is OK. Hopefully, this surgery will cure all of this, and he will sleep soundly.

I feel rather useless, like there is nothing I can do but be there for him when he gets put under, and when he wakes up. The ride there and back should be interesting, and hopefully not silent. His family doesn't know me as well as he would like. I am quiet, and I have a hard time keeping a conversation going with anyone. I have been socially inept since the day he met me, but unfortunately it is a quality Greg could live without. People have a hard time understanding sometimes. I am not a snob, I just have a hard time being social. I am a watcher, what can I say?

Anyways, besides these things, I have spent an evening with my friend Rachel. We watched a movie one night and just hung out last night. We are trying to figure out how to upload pictures from mom's camera. When we do figure it out, I will write about my trip to the zoo for my birthday. It was a fun day, and I got some beautiful pictures.

Speaking of pictures, my grandparents dropped off a bunch of pictures of when we were little. I love looking through old photos, and trying to pull at memories. We were all soo cute, and once in a while, I'd find a picture of me smiling. It's amazing how much we have changed, and yet stayed the same.

Anyways, I am going to ask Brianne one more time if she wants me to quiz her on her science material. She has been writing exams, and can I tell you, I've never seen a kid so not-worried about exams in my life. She has written two so far, with a total of about 30 minutes of studying. The kid just refuses to think that studying will help anything. I've tried to convince her to sit down and spend some time reviewing, but to no avail. I give up. Maybe if she comes close enough to failing, she might get a rude awakening. If not, she'll get lucky. She was born with brains, but very little drive. Hopefully she'll make it through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home