Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A Few of my Favorite Things


beautiful things Posted by Hello

Let me tell you, it doesn't take much to knock me down these days. In fact, I am having a hard time staying positive so I decided first to vent a little, and then to make a list of a few of my favorite things to cheer me up.

If you want to skip the CRAP then proceed to list below.

Firstly, it is the middle of June. I still don't have a job. I have tried...oh how I've tried. In fact, I have been called twice now by AppleOne (agency) to work, and within hours they call back to basically say, we have found someone better and more skilled so, sorry but you're shit outta luck. This sucks, and I can't help myself if they force me to spontaneously burst into fits of rage or depression.

Secondly, I am sick. I don't know what happened but last Friday night I had a bit of a burning in my chest. By 4am on Saturday I felt like someone had lit a fire in my chest, and made me swallow a few razor blades. I promptly began taking left over antibiotics from when I had tonsillitis (like 3 weeks ago) and some from my friend who recently battled strep. So the burning went away. Now, my sinuses are packed full, I can't smell or taste. I have a head cold. A crappy one, as usual.

Thirdly, my friend has decided to pick up and move to Alberta for the summer. She is leaving as soon as Sunday and instead of hanging out with her, I am at home...sick.

There are other stressors of course, but I wont go into everything. These things make me tired.

Instead, lets all take a minute or more to note all the wonderful things to increase my spirits. I will follow this by a mid-afternoon shower, and maybe sit outside for some air. I have left the computer chair/couch once since Friday. Despite the amount of "rest" I have been getting, I feel the cure for my sickness might be getting out of the house and doing something.

Things That Make Me Smile:

1. Flowers. Particularity wild flowers, such as the ox-eye daisy above. They are beautiful
2. My mom's smile
3. Frequent blog updates, although I understand not having much to say...
4. Oceans, and lakes
5. Baseball games with the family
6. Memories of Brianne as a kid, and her innocent laugh
7. Road trips
8. When my friends stop by for no reason
9. Feel-good movies (especially when shared)
10. Good food, when I can taste

You know what? That was harder then I thought. Please feel free to share things that make you smile.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU make me smile when you are happy! (and feeling better!)
I love you and we'll figure something out! It's in your voice and eyes that you aren't happy and that makes me sad!
I love you!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes.
Snowflakes that fall on my nose and eyelashes.
Brown paper packages tied up with string....
These are a few of my favourite things.
When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I am feeling sad.
I simply remember my favourtie things and then I don't feel soo bad!

Hey love nugget,
Anytime that you need to get away I am always here. I know the I am old and not cool but old chics shop too.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home