Sunday, June 05, 2005

Miracle Bullet

Firstly, Happy Birthday Heather!

We provided our house last night for a party hosted by Heather's Husband Adam. We spent the day cleaning off patio furniture, which was a good excuse to get our backyard in order. We stopped by the liquor store to pick up mix for frozen drinks. We also stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few items for the party, as well as grub for the family. Rob filled the bbq tank and we were ready to go at 5:00pm...right on time. Except that noone had shown up.

5:30: Chris and Naidene show up and chat for a bit
6:15: Adam and Heather (the hosts of the party) show up
6:18: Dawn and Mark come (practically on time!)

Many other friends followed the gang. And the bbq got fired up. Everything went smoothly as far as I was concerned. Everyone had food, which included a fabulous pasta salad (thanks to Adam) that I swiped at the end of the party to have for lunch today.

I mixed up a couple of blenders full of creamsicle-flavored liquor. This drink was a hit and some had seconds, but soon, the orange flavor got too sweet and something else was in order. The second blender drink included some passionfruit pineapple crystal light, ice, and Malibu rum. This was pretty good...then Dawn suggests a homemade pina colada. I mixed up some milk, fresh pineapple, and Malibu rum with ice. This drink tasted good but the milk base caused a fear of curdling...and at some point came out of pour Tracy's nose, foam and all. This called for a new drink...

This is when I pulled out the miracle bullet...what a fabulous appliance.
I made Heather a fresh-fruit pineapple peach smoothie. She liked it a lot (or so she said)
It was then that many women at the party also wanted to try.
I should make my own infomercial...honestly

I whipped up wine-based, Woody's-based, and even beer-based (don't try at home) smoothies. Most were a hit, but the beer just foamed and wasn't good...

Now, for those of you looking to purchase a bullet (whether magic or miracle):
1. they are on TV now, BOGO (Magic Bullet)
2. They are wonderful for smoothies
3. Work great for hummus
4. Don't work to chop onions...(or make real cheese sauce, like the infomercial)
5. You'll almost never use the "whipping" blade...so it really only comes with one blade
6. I've used it at least 4 times a week since Christmas (usually multiple drinks)
7. My chopping blade still crushes ice and frozen fruit just fine
8. I would buy two more...
9. The party cups are too cool
10. All parts (except the base) are dishwasher safe

Anyways, the party packed up relatively early, for a Saturday night. And there was very little clean-up left over for today. All of this worth the pasta salad, which I might eat now, I don't know if I'll last till lunch.

Anyways, I need to mention before the conclusion of this blog that Mark is mean.
Early in the party, someone (I didn't catch the context of this statement) said "I already have a job" which was followed closely by a smart-ass statement by Mark "Aimee doesn't...."
Bastard.
Mark...I cried myself to sleep last night thanks to you, and I'm crying now just thinking about it. Just kidding...but really....I'm trying
Find me a job already, what are you waiting for?

Aimee

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creamsicle Smoothies! YUMMY! I slept like a baby thanks to those pupppies and almost missed my Pool tournament!
Good Work Baby and thanks for all your help on Saturday!
Love Mom!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Ah Aimee..I had a blast at the party on Saturday and your array of blender drinks was most impressive! I have no idea just how much alcohol I consumed (as I'm sure you are the only one that really knows!) but I do know that it was a lot!! We all had a great time and I was most appreciative of your willingness to jump in there and remove the offending spiders that kept trying to attack us while we drank your fruity, frothy alcohol concoctions! And I'm really glad that you enjoyed the pasta salad..anytime you want some more, just let me know and I'll get Adam to whip up at batch just for you! :) Thanks again..

7:08 AM  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Aimee your where a hostess with the mostest. I hope that my kids turn out half as good as you did. I think that you are a very sweet, smart and wonderful person. Your mama has done a great job, that's why she is my mentor.
I too enjoyed the sips I had of your fantasic drinks and I really did feel like I was on an infomercial. SUPER FANTASIC (clapping and perma-smiles here)
I would have to agree with you that I love nothing more than to kick back in a nice chair and enjoy the summer nights. We will do it again, now that I have the weekends free.
As for Mark...he's a penis. He tries so hard to get a reaction out of you and you give him nothing...brillant well played my friend. Nice work on the guilt trip too.
P.s
Who is the guy that had to leave at 11:20 because he was tired/old.
2 prego's stayed later than him. old sucker!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home