Friday, April 29, 2005

Unemployment Sucks

So firstly I can't spell. My loving mother decided to point this out on her blog, which is fine with me. I never claimed to be good at spelling and probably never will. I have grown up in a world where spell check is automatic and when there isn't a little red squiggle underlining a word, I just assume it's spelt correctly.
Now that we've gone over that issue (thanks ma!), I am unemployed and frustrated. I have searched a ridiculous number of job-find sites and posted my resume for the world to see. Heck, I've emailed my resume to places that don't even seem to be hiring, just in case. This process sucks. I am supposed to be relaxing this week and instead, I have spent hours and hours every day in front of the computer (exactly where I DON'T want to be...). I figure if nothing comes up this week, then monday I start searching in person, I guess starting at job-find places.
I will settle if I have to, but I would like to find a job with some relevance to my life if I have to go through all the crap process to find it. This is where my indecision bites me in the ass again...I don't know what's relevent since I don't have any life goal. So, here I sit, frustrated with life and work, and summer, and ironically I might prefer being at school where the goal is simple and I always wake up knowing what the day will bring (even if it's 20 hours of homework).
I'm being pessimistic and annoying, I know. I'll get over it. I don't know how to feel really. I had everything worked out, and I had even planned holidays etc. Now, my summer is one big 'holiday' until I can find a job. I should take my friends advice and take the summer off. Only then I'd be stuck at home watching crappy daytime TV and trying not to wake up Rob. I think I'd rather work...
Anyways, this is my life for now, if anyone needs a hard-working employee...(and spelling skills arn't important)

Aimee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home