Monday, April 18, 2005

Oh Exams...

6 More days in case anyone else is counting. I am getting really nervous about this week. Three exams in 4 days is a little much (even for me). I have tried to prepare in advance. I read the textbooks for my classes and did the end-of-chapter questions and all but the thing is, I can't seem to get any of it to stick in my head. Maybe it's the weather. Maybe my brain sees sun and gets unwired for learning thinking I'm in Oakville or something.
I wrote my abnormal exam, and all was well, so maybe if I just hope for the best and go in with a smile it will all work out? Not likely. I have statistics on wednesday and biochemistry thursday. Unfortunaly I can just be done then, I have to then cram for a full year cumulative course exam that has gotten very little of my focused attention. To be honest, I hate the class. It ecology and it deals with populations of animals and what affects them etc. There's a ton of information but most of it is rather intuitive...like if the population of prey decreases then the population of predators is also going to decrease for lack of food...but then it becomes a science so of course 'they' have to add a crap load of long words that can only be pronounced if you have a second tongue, and a crap load of formulas to equations that are beyond me. So, that puts me here, blogging, and wondering if giving myself 24 hours to study for that one was such a good idea after all?? My stomach is upset all of a sudden. haha
Biochemistry is worse though and it requires much more intense studying. Somehow it's not intuitive that there are about a thousand steps to metabolism with about 10,000 different molecules and enzymes with names like "Argininosuccinate Synthetase". Chemists think they're all that...naming things whatever they please....crap
So, through all this stress I woke up this morning to the bright sun again. It was supposed to rain yesterday but didn't, and now its bright blue and sunny out again. Something is definitly going on...even the weather network is in on it, they've gotten to everybody. And the sun made me want to blog instead of study. Of course I checked to see if the 15 or so blogs I check every day had been updated in the last 5 hours since I went to bed...as if any crazy blogger would write a post in the middle of the night, or the wee hours of the morning, but I had to check ya know, I'm an addict. But...no posts, how disappointing, so I wrote my own. Lucky for all you, YOU have a post to read. Maybe you should think about that the next time you don't post for 3 days. I'm sitting here trying my hardest to find something productive to do other then study, and you just don't care...It would have been much less time-consuming to read a quick post this morning but NO, I had to write one instead. I hope you're all happy. If I do bad it's your fault and I'll have to live off your money when I'm homeless and broke....
Anyways, enough about that. I have to go learn how purple bacteria metabolize energy, because some higher power decided that was an integral part of learning. Bastards...

Aimee

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have got to be kidding! We aren't blogging to help you silly!
We know how distracting it can be fr you....how your crammed little mind is filled with tons of useful information that will assist you in achieving the high marks that you always do!
Deep Breath Daughter!!!! YOU WILL BE FINE!
Love Mom

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home