Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Blogs are Distracting

So I've been trying really hard to stay busy with productive work and everything that I should be doing but I've found that blogs are just too wonderful and so they distract me sometimes. I find myself reading peoples blogs that I don't even know and now I feel in touch with my ex-coworker's-cousin and such. It's just too good. On top of this, I then HAVE to blog myself because all of a sudden I feel whitty...like I have something exciting or wonderful to say. I know I don't...but....
So yeah, did I ever mention that I like raspberries? I bought three bags when I went grocery shopping. It's wonderful that bagged raspberries exist at all, nevermind they were on sale...$3.99 I couldn't beleive it, for a big bag...I can make very interesting smoothies now. I'm excited.
Speaking of my wonderful magic bullet...I made hummus today from a random can of chick peas I had layin around the house. I botched the recipe entirely and so it tastes kinda like garlic lemon juice BUT it has the perfect consistancy and I think I will try it again sometime soon. With mini bretons (20 crackers for 2 points!!) it's like a perfect 3 point lunch. I made it without pastes and oils and all that jazz so all you have to count for is the chick peas...soo good. I think I might try some other adventurous food sometime. I am kinda bored with the same old meals and my friend at school often brings food to eat in class that makes me terribly jelous...anyways, if anyone has any super-fabulous recipes I would love to hear them. I was thinking I'd try black bean salsa but I have to find a low-point alternative to nacho chips...any suggestions?
So it's wensday night and I'm not terrible upset about it. I don't have a chem lab tomorrow which is sooo terribly exciting I can't get over it. Every time I get a little down cause the week is creeping towards thursday I just have to think "but you don't have a chem lab tomorrow night" and I get happy again. I can eat dinner off a real plate instead of sitting in class, pen in one hand, tupperware in the other trying to grab a bite in between learning what's happening to everything I eat as I eat it...it kinda ruins it in case you were wondering.
Besides school, I havn't done a whole lot since yesterday. I watched house last night which is still as wonderful as ever. For those of you who havn't watched it...what's wrong with you?!? and you really should give it a try....
I love this show because it has educational value (kinda like CSI) and yet the characters are so wonderfuly sarcastic and antisocial. Why wouldn't I love it? It's exactly how I think most of the time, I'm just not brave enough to speak it out loud. This week's episode was a good one too. But I wont ruin it...we still have it on tape if the family missed it, will bring it home if requested.
Besides all that, my biochem awaits me, I still havn't finished this darn chapter, it's long and borning and packed full of some ridiculous amount of information and lovely latin and made-up words. Scientists are so good at that....especially chemists. They throw in symbols and stuff too so just when you think you have the "lingo" all figured out...BAM!! there's a delta sign and you can't figure out why the heck it would be between those really long words....whatever. It's almost over. Just a few more weeks and I'll be home free.
Well I think I've said enough. If I only had this much focus for the work I have to do I'd be much better off.

aimee

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things are going so well for you! This is the healthiest I've heard you sound in monthes!(maybe even 3 years!)I think the blogging is helping.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home