Thursday, March 10, 2005

school plays with my emotions

so today was another typically long thursday. I woke up early as usual and worked on some bichem I meant to finish last night ...went to school at 9:30 am to work on a couple statistics quizes and study some more biochem so I might have a clue as to what's going on in class for a change. Went to my abnormal psychology class, studied some more biochem, went to my cognitive psychology class, studied some more biochem, went to biochem lecture (which was a tiny bit less brutal since I had studied the text) and then headed up to biochem lab as usual...
On the way I decided to finally check my biochem midterm grade that I have been sorta avoiding in case of potential breakdown...I picked up my quiz first that I wrote the day before the exam...a solid 5/10...not a good sign....but then I checked my exam mark
85.5%
Chemistry plays with my emotions. I knew there was some potential to do decently if I was lucky, but that's an A- if I ever saw one...I was proud. Anyways, then I went to lab where I got back a couple labs...some more low marks to add to the pile for the day. It's funny how every prediction I had about my marks was opposite expected. I guess it will balance out.
I have this elective course problem, I'm picking my courses for next year and I have a choice to take a half credit course of whatever I want (because I did a course in the summer...I technically don't need the 1/2 credit at all) anyways, I need it in order to have a 100% course load (ie. get scholorships) so I have been looking into my options. I decided I don't really like anything...I have my pick of any course at the university...I'm thinking I might take another statistics course...I can't beleive I don't like anything. I thought about philosophy but then I thought back to my bad experiance with philosophy in first year (hopefully never reapeated) and I thought maybe it was a bad idea. But I know nothing outside of science. I have no current event, politics, history etc etc....I guess that's why the try to force science students to take non-science classes to get them well-rounded.
Anyways, I had a hard time with that...still am having a hard time. I think I may just call it quits and not take a course. It will lose me money (in scholorships) but save me money (in tuitions and books) and theoretically if I get two jobs as a techers assistant and research assistant like I have been thinking then I will be in the same position anyways....too much to consider after such a long day. I have been non-productive since I got home from class (at 10:30pm mind you....) but still....I should go to bed now and just wake up earlier tomorrow morning and start freash. I think I'll do that.
Goodnight

Aimee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home