Monday, March 14, 2005

Monday Monday

This weekend I saw Greg, we went to yuk yuks with some roommates and jen and Matt. I had fun, I think everyone else did too. The comedians were pretty funny. It's definitly more funny if you're there (then watching it on TV). Anyways, me and Greg took off to Oakville on saterday to spend some time with the family. We had a nice dinner for robbie's birthday and then wen out for a drink at a pub with some of his friends. It was pretty fun. It was nice to visit home even if just for the night. It actually felt like a whole weekend cause usually the weekend just flies byt hat fast anyways. I wasn't too disappointed to only have one night. I should do that more often when I can't actually afford to sacrifice an entire weekend but I could stand to give up a day out of the weekend. It was definitly worth it.
Besides that, thhe weekend was good, and today was like any other monday. I went to school at 8 this morning to work on a lab report. It was supposed to be group work so once I had finished my part I stupidly assumed that the rest would be done and left it until this morning, when I nominated myself to put all the parts together and edit it. I guess it was a good idea cause if we had handed in what was there we all would have done bad. If that were the case, I'm sure there were 3 or 4 people in our group that would have expected grades like that but you know me....I'm a perfectionist and I don't deal well with low grades. Anyways, I put 6 more hours into fixing it (practically writing it over again). I should have just offered to do the hard parts to begin with. Thing is, these girls were really dumb and none of them knew how to use excel so I ended up doing mindless data entry and graphing. I should have known that if they couldn't even handle that then the introduction, results, and discussion would be a mess. Luckily I had my friend Nicole in my group who also happens to be an over-acheiver. She was at school as well this morning because she had a meeting with the dean so she helped me fix it. haha
Anyways, my class went on another silly field trip this week. We went to the park and tried to collect data on winter birds. Unfortunaly it was freakin freezing so I was knumb and there were very few birds out. We saw a couple of gulls and crows but that's about it. Three hours of watching for birds sucks...and now I have one extra lab report to do for next week. I was going to try to be a keener and finish my chem lab tongiht so that I could read ahead for chemistry lecture on thursday again. Maybe understanding what's going on will make studying for the final a little easier. haha....right
Anyways, I have a couple quizes to do and stuff so I should get to work. I hope everyone had a good day.

Aimee

PS Grandma and grandpa, the weather here is getting a little warmer, which must mean you're coming home soon. The snow isn't gone quite yet but tomorrow is only supposed to be -1 degree (celcius) so soon enough (a couple of weeks probably) we should be in sweaters with no coat. Hope you guys enjoy whats left of your vacation and the nice weather. Looking forward to seeing you after exams (boo exams)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home