Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year

I've had a bad day here and there this week so I havn't been writing. The weather is being tricky here. One day it's 14 degrees and the next day there's a foot of snow. It's kind of depressing actually because I want it to be nice out, but then again I feel stuck inside. I love being able to open my window and get freash air, yet I'm jelous of all the university kids playing sports outside, as if they don't have a care in the world, and university is a breeze. I take things too seriously. I have to stop and remind myself to smell the roses once in a while. That reminds me...

So today I was thinking about summer and how fast it's creeping up and I got to daydreaming about how summer has changed over the years. I'm not sure when it happened exactly but I remember living on Frobisher (sp.?) court in kitchener(?) and it must have been the very start of summer. I'm not sure why this one stuck cause I sure don't remember all the summers in between but, Jen and I were so busy this summer with all of our important missions.
I would go to the next door neighbors house because they had the coolest swing set, when you went really high the legs would come up out of the ground and we'd joke about the groundhog that lived under there. I think her name was Kelly? and she was from Whales. I never did know what that meant, but for some reson it stuck.
Anyways, Jen, and I and all the kids from the street would meet and go to the mini-forest behind the townhouses and play fort. I was such a tomboy I was always the one to climb way up to the top of the tree and be on watch incase someone came close. I'm not really sure what we did in the club, I think I only got to stay to be the lookout. But it was fun. We'd sometimes encounter weird things in the 'forest' like matresses and old blankets, which then we never understood but didn't touch. We'd sing Madona songs and peer across the chainlink fence into the yard next door, or onto the busy street that we wern't supposed to go near. And it was fun.
That summer we'd play in the pool in the front yard and you could smell barbeque and cut grass. A teen would drive by with a bike carrying ice cream (dickie dee, for those that remember) and we'd run inside screaming and beg mom for change like it was our job. She'd always give us some. And when we'd come back with ice pops shaped like sunglasses on a stick, mom would sing the song by Cory Hart "I wear my sunglasses at night" and we'd laugh and drip popsicle down our arms.
I loved that summer and I wish I could go back, just once to do it again.

Anyways, I should get to work, I know I havn't blogged much lately but I've been working super-hard so that I can see the family on Saterday. Hopefully the weather will be nice, maybe we can go for ice cream.
I'll write soon

aimee

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those were the good old days weren't they! I too remember that summer.
Thanks for the memory Aimee!
Good times ahead for the summer!

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home