Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Would you like fries with that?

So I spent the entire day at Job Connect today. I don't know why I was thinking that maybe they'd be able to connect me with a job or something but I was mistaken. Thing is, I filled out all of these papers and stuff and got myself permission to look through the secret binder. So I flipped through it and found 50% of the jobs were in Georgetown and Milton (is. unaccessable by public transportation) and the other half were jobs like "window washing technician" and "dishwasher" and "server" all for minimum wage or less and jobs I could have easily found without their help.
I try not to be pessimitic about things such as these, but lets face it...I'm competing for the left-over summer jobs, and I have a hard time with competition. Anyways, I kept a smile on my face and searched the internet for the rest of the day. I found a couple places to apply and sent faxes of my resume and stuff but who knows how it'll turn out.
So I feel useless for the time being. I'm thinking about paying a visit to AppleOne this week, but an agency means that I get thrown around to different jobs whenever the wind changes, and we all know how I am...Obsessive compulsive and I don't deal very well with change. So I will avoid working for an agency for another week or so and maybe work at MacDonalds or something instead. I figure I must be educated enough to ask "did you want that supersized"? I watched the movie...haha
But good news is that Jenny has a job. Not trying to be bitter, but it just fell in her lap, so I can't help it. Let's be honest here, I think she chose a simpler blueprint for her life (RE: Sylvia Browne) then me. So she starts work on monday at a dentist office making a sweet $13
Anyways, I never meant to use this blog as a place to complain so I will stop writing. I was supposed to go to the zoo this weekend with Greg but he's sick, so it looks like I'll be sticking around here. I'll let you know.

Aimee
PS. It hasn't stopped raining since I got finished school. I think the weather is playing with my head. When I have to study it's sunny and beautiful, when I have nothing to do all day but bop around town dropping off resumes then it rains and hails and stays cold. The government is punishing me for uncovering their waterloo secret weather machine. Geeze...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home