Thursday, June 30, 2005

Greg's a Grump!

For those of you who were wondering, Greg got through his surgery just fine. He did really great actually, and had a smile on his face and a pink popsicle in his hand just 2 short hours after his throat was done. Of course, this was under the influence of a heafty anesthetic, two tylonol 3's and a morphene drip. Anyways, he went to his Aunt's house for the days following his surgery because she is brave and willing to deal with his grumpy ass. I went to visit yesterday for the day. If I had a car I would have took off about 20 minutes into the visit. This was before drug time though, he was better when he got his codiene etc into him.

For those of you who know Greg, he is stubborn and very upset about the fact that he couldn't eat for 12 hours before his surgery. He was starving by the hours before, probably dreamt of food during, and asked about food right after his throat was cut open. About 6 hours after he had his tonsils, andenoids, uvula (hangy ball) removed and nose surgery to straighten his septum etc. he ate a steak!! He's a freak, and he was under the influence...

Anyways, besides Greg, I went to the beach on Sunday and got a wicked burn. I intended to get a bit of a tan, and so I was wearing some sunscreen, but the spf was low and I intended to re-apply stronger stuff when I started to see a bit of colour. This however was a bad idea, as I left the beach with practically no colour and by a few short hours later, I looked like a lobster. It was fun though, and the burn is almost gone now.

I've called back all the places I applied last week. There seems to be no jobs for me out there. Luckily our government assists people like me with no money. Unfortunatly, I'm fighting with highschool students now, and they have one thing I don't...the ability to work through the school year. This seems to be what every employer is looking for. Anyways, I'm done being miserable about it. Instead I will enjoy what's left of my summer, and plan to work that much harder in the fall. Maybe if I don't want it so bad, something will fall into my lap. This has been known to happen to some people I know.

Other then that, I am excited about the upcoming long weekend, because it means I have good company to hang out (that's you mom!). I wish everyone a good long weekend, and happy Canada Day!

Aimee

PS. Grandma, if you're reading, thank you for the blue capris pants, they are very nice. I have to wear them partially undone though because my waste isn't as petit as yours. haha. But I can just say it's my "style" hahaha

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greg had a steak?I thought someone had cut my throat when I had mine out in my 20 something.
The capris belonged to your great grandma she was way before her time.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home