Saturday, July 09, 2005

Queer Design Shows are Taking Over

I have not posted in a while, so I figured I'd let you all know that Greg is better. He has generally recovered, he is off the medication and back at work.

The subject of this short post will be...drumroll please....design shows. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but TV is being overrun with design shows. Lets name a few.

Trading Spaces (started the ball rolling)
In a Fix
While you were out
Design on a dime
Design U
Queer Eye for the straight guy
Surprise by Design
Clean Sweep
Extreme Makeover: home edition
Rooms that Rock

etc etc etc

They never end. There are at least 15 others, of which the names are escaping me right now. I just think it's silly. And for some reason...people keep watching. These TV shows are for people just like my family, who would Love to be able to change around their houses to look fresh and new. Problem is, we don't have even $1000 minimum budget per room, or a professional designer to come in.

Another new TV fad that bugs me is the number of gay guys making stereotypes into reality. That's another designer show I can't think of the name, with those two flaming guys who can't agree on anything...design rivals? Something like this. But yeah, you know what I'm talking about. These guys are wearing baby-T's and tight jeans and flipping their hands around, talking with a lisp that is NOT there when they are born. I'm not sure why these people see it necessary to exaggerate these stereotypes. I happen to know that preferring a same sex companion doesn't automatically make a person freakin strange...anyways

TV should increase the number of good reality TV shows, if anything. Maybe Untold Stories of the ER. This is a great show. I know, not everyone has the same taste in television, but come on people. I'm so sick of TV.

A great book...Angels and demons. Prequil to The De Vinchi Code. I still have to read that one (if I could get my hands on it). Anyways, read a book. Turn off the TV. Sit outside and play Crib (my new favorite card game), drink a cold drink, and have pleasant conversation with whoever will listen. I'm boycotting TV, until I get bored...Ha

Anyways, have a great day everyone. Until next time

Aimee

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you still have Angels and demons?I have the De Vinchi CodeNot mine but will let you borough it.Gram.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

I love design shows, but not many of the ones you listed.
And the gays make me laugh, come to think of it I could really use a flaming friend.

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I work on one of those design shows, and we use real people and time lines, the designers are the home owner and they have a reasonable budget, and you can use all the shows out there to help you, make cheep affordable choices. Use the info that the (home and garden and life networks )give you to your advantage. By the way if you hate those shows so much why do you watch those specialty channels, they give programming money to create those types of shows, catered to their specifications. if you want good drama watch the US major networks they pay for good writing, action and suspense. your blog and complaints seem very ill concived and not very well thought out. You do how ever have good taste in books, if you get boredof reading see the De Vinchi movie on may 14th.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home