Saturday, July 16, 2005

I Love Being a Working Girl

I worked on Thursday and Friday of this week, and can I tell you how much I love to work? I know that some of you will think I'm crazy for saying that, and pray for a holiday every week, but after a long rest of my brain it's good for me. Mind you, it doesn't take a lot of thinking to do data entry, but hey, it's something.

It's like when you were little, and summer holidays came. It was soo much fun for the first couple of weeks. You could sleep in, and swim and play all day. At some point though, this all gets old, and you wait for the week before school starts. At this point life got interesting again. You got to shop for new school cloths (and school supplies!!), and dream about how you were going to be organized this year. Hahaha. I think I was the only kid around to stick to this promise to myself. I still do. But I digress...

Thursday started a little rocky, as I only did data entry for about a week and a half last summer. There isn't much to it I have to admit, but I couldn't even remember what program to open. My boss welcomed me back, pointed at the stacks of bills to enter, and told me to go at it. I laughed a little, sort of expecting that she was joking, and would surely give me a quick reminder. But then she walked back to her office. I felt like an idiot, spent 10 minutes trying to recall what I was doing, gave up and walked in to her office with my tail between my legs, asking for help.

She "showed" me a bit of one bill, but it wasn't until I asked her for help that she put me on the right track. Thanks to Pam (a woman who works there), about an hour into the day I figured out what I was doing again, and got back into my groove. I messed up a couple times, but whatta you want from me? hehe The rest of the day went pretty smoothly.

Friday was better, I doubled my output from Thursday, and worked through my lunch. I couldn't eat anyways because...drumroll please...I got tonsillitis Again. But the funny part, I got it on one tonsil. Even the doctor was surprised. She didn't believe me at first, but then she looked at my throat. I told her so. I'm getting better though, for those who care. Thank goodness for antibiotics. The doctor suggested I look into getting them removed. I think I'll wait on that decision.

Anyways, it's looking like I might get a little more time then 2 weeks at work, but I'm not getting my hopes up. We'll wait and see what happens. I personally think they'd be smart to keep me around, but I might be a little biased. Who knows

Anyways, tonight the wives (and me) from the baseball team are going out for some socializing. There's talk about going to the strip club. I've never seen sicko men take off there clothes, so it should be rather entertaining. I'll let you all know. Sunday's baseball, and Monday brings more work. Things are looking up :)

Aimee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home