Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Little Cabin in the Woods

So, I worked at EAI last week, entering bills into the computer. Now, I don't want to brag, but I'm pretty good at entering numbers into a computer. In fact, it's mindless, and I'm not sure how anyone could Not be good at it. Anyways, when I started the bills were backed up to June 8th, and in 4 days I got them caught up. So, Friday I was filing bills that hadn't been filed since April. So this is a daunting task, and makes my shoulders and neck ache. Anyways, my point is, Greg decided that it would be a nice idea to get together and rent a cabin for the weekend. Since I hadn't seen him in a couple of weeks, I thought it would be a nice idea.

Here's the thing...Greg likes to make plans, but doesn't let anyone know what the plans are. He doesn't make reservations, or book anything. He just expects that when he shows up somewhere, things are just going to work out every time. The problem with this is that I am a little strung out when it comes to planning things, and I like to know what is going on long before it happens. So we argued about this for a little while. I gave in and packed for both a cabin or camping, just in case things didn't work out quite like Greg planned.

Now, if we were going to rent a cabin in the surrounding area, I wouldn't really care, but this place was about 4 hours up north and we were leaving my house after dinner time. Greg drove the highway until we got to Guelph, and he pulled over and told me it was my turn. I drove the other 3 hours to the park. When we got there it was about 10:30 at night, and luckily, there was a cabin (I'll never hear the end of this).

We had a really awesome weekend. It was quiet and relaxing. We didn't do a lot. We went fishing on a canoe and played cards etc. And everything was pretty much awsome. We are thinking about possibly trying to go there again before the end of the summer. Maybe next time we could go for a couple more days though, two nights is just not enough.

Anyways, I am working until at least the end of the week, possibly more...life is good.
My thesis still isn't moving though, I should really get on that. I have laundry to do too, so I must get to it.

Aimee

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

aimeekins, i'm glad to learn of your blog. i miss you. write more so i can learn more :)

ps: reading all your old blogs about chem sure brought back some baaaad memories.

no more chem. ever. wOOt!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home