Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Good Luck Jen!!

So, Jenny went to University today to move into her dorm room at teacher's college. She was scared of a new beginning, but as we all know, new beginnings are scary, but usually worth it. She packed all of her stuff into the car last night, and left at 9:30 this mornin to Oshawa. When she arrived, she found that she only has two drawers to keep her cloths in. No closet, no dresser, no nightstand. She has a tiny counter with a sink, a very few cupboards, and a short bar on the wall to hang clothes from. How can a university get away with charging an arm and a leg for a room when there isn't even a closet?? Hello? Am I the only one who sees a problem with this? Freaks.

So, she put her groceries into her two drawers and I guess she'll live out of suitcases...geeze. She'll figure somehting out I guess. She always does.

We had a great dinner for Jenny's going away slash mom and Robbies anniversary. It was a nice chance for the family to spend a little time together before we all split for the school year. Crappy as it is, we only have one more year away from home, and then the next time we split will probably mean that one of us is moving out with a man or something.

I am sad that she's gone, but I got less attached over the summer, as we both had separate lives. I am sad that she's soo on-track and I'm still lost about what I am doing after I finish school. I am sad that I have to make the move to university in two weeks, and I'll be by myself in a house full of people.

I am happy that Jen is so on-track. I am happy that we both got the opportunity to go to school, and to make anything of our lives. I am happy that I only have one more year at Laurier. I am happy that my mom and my best friend both got new cars, and have promised to come visit me during the year.

I wish my sister the best of luck. I hope she makes friends, and that she fits in. I hope she learns alot and takes advantage of every opportunity. I love you Jen!

xoxo

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicki said...

You may be alone in a house full of people but you'll always see a familiar face in the science building (well you'll see more than one familiar face but i was talking specifically about me *wink*) and we'll hang out outside of class this time. Because you'll have more spare time, RIGHT Aimee?

all together now: NO CHEMISTRY! wOOt.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Aimee said...

yay!

I still get excited when I picture a year without chem labs.

Life is good

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home