Thursday, September 08, 2005

And classes haven't even begun....

I moved in yesterday to my place in Waterloo. It went relatively smoothly, except that I didn't have a bed in my room, and I found out Scotty isn't living downstairs. This means I got a new roomy living across the hall in Jens old room. His name is Paul, and so far he has been a pleasure to live with. He offered to help me unpack, he offered up pleantly of info on himself, he didn't mind me changing the bathroom / kitchen around a little to accomidate for my germiphobia, and he even asked about weekly chores. So, I think I might have gotten lucky.

So last night I unpacked and cleaned for a few hours so I could sleep, and then I got Scotty to come down and fix my printer for me. I couldn't decide what to cook, so my first meal was Michalinas fettuchini (frozen dinner) and a peice of bread. See where this is going...? I opened my books at 10pm to prep for my thesis meeting this afternoon. Scotty invited me to watch a movie, and rolled his eyes when I said "I better not" before classes have even started. So, I closed my books and watched some movie with Will Smith about robots. It was kind of good actually, and I was tired enough to sleep when it was over.

I got a new toothbrush that I was pretty excited about. Sonic something-or-other. So, I brushed my teeth and my brains shook outta my head. Then I rinsed with Listerine with my cool light-up cup timer. It was good. I tossed and turned a little while in the bed my landlord eventually provided until morning.

I awoke at 6:45am to Paul going to pee. I hate being a light sleeper. Oh well...so I got up and showered, had a bowl of cereal (simple enough). I did some real prep work this time for my thesis meeting at 1. At noon I decided to make lunch. So I peered into the food shelf and found nothing I felt like eating, I looked in the cupbored and found nothing, and upon opening the fridge, I decided I hate living alone. This would be when Jen would whip up some french onion soup and garlic bread to feed me. I decided on an egg, and some toast.

I whipped out the "non-stick" pans I bought 3 for $10 and the necessry ingredients. I proceeded to burn my toast and my egg got stuck to the "non-stick" pan and broke, and burt. I ate it anyways...can't afford to be picky on my budget.

I went to school cranky, got a paper and a coffee, and felt a little better. I went to my meeting which went great (thank goodness) and decided to go to the bookstore to get some of my required texts. This was a bad idea.

Campus is full of people that look like care bears hopped up on amphetimines, and everywhere you move you get yelled at about some new on-campus club or promotion. I hate orientation week. My text books for two classes (out of 5) cost me $471. But I got both those jobs I wanted.

Can I come home yet?

PS. Miss you mama dukes *kiss*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there to cook for you babe. You'll be ok this yeah I know it. You will get the hang of it eventually. If you ever need ideas for meals just gimme a shout and I'll tell you what to take out and how to cook it :)
Love you!
XOXO

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bib! You can come home anytime you want! Mama Dukes misses her girls!
K, so you got both jobs, the meeting went well...time to come home...call Aaron he'll pick you up and bring you back Monday Morning...
Call me in the morning at work!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home