Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I Had A Dream

I had a few goals today. First I planned to go to the OSAP office to get the money that I would use to pay my tuition and finish buying textbooks and eat etc. While I was there, I would pick up my books etc. for my distance education course. I planned to put money on my OneCard to buy coffee and treats. I needed to go to the finance office to sign some papers to get paid for my jobs. I also planned to opt out of my health and dental plans through the school to save myself $200. Then I need lunch and a smoothie. All this before going to my develpmental biology lab at 1:30.

So, I went to the OSAP office this morning at 8am. It didn't open until 9, but this resulted in me only waiting about an hour and a half to get to the front window. I changed my summer earnings from zero (when I applied I had no job) which resulted in them dropping my claim about $2000 so I couldn't get it today. I have to go back in 2 weeks.

I proceeded angry to the science building where I printed the form for the health plan thing, and realised I forgot to pick up my books while on Regina street. So I went back, got the books, paid the extra movie fee, the book fee, and the "I'm ripping you off because I can" fee, and went back to the science building to use the photocopier. I then went across campus to the student union office and found out I couldn't opt out of the dental plan without a letter or something. Grrr

I went to the OneCard office and found out that they changed the thing over the summer so that any money left over from previous years was automatically moved to the good account. Yay Timmies. So, I got a coffee and went back to the science building to check my email, and go to the finance office. My email consisted of a pleading from my prof to TA a second lab. This means 5 more hours a week (Totalling 20hrs work) and some more responsibility (and $$, so I agreed). The finance office didn't have the papers ready for me to sign.

I went and got lunch. I skipped the smoothie since OSAP wasn't in...

I went to my develpmental lab. It was boring. We made "tools" like a plastic spoon with 20 holes in it for picking up embryos (Picture a slotted spoon for olives at the grocery store, only smaller scale). Then we swabbed our cheeks and made slides to stain and look at under a microscope. Boring...eww and next week we have to prepare slides of Drosophila Melanogaster larva. In other words the common fruit fly larvae. Maggots people!!...sick. We have to pull them apart while they are still alive and squirming, and disect out their testes and salivary glands. Apparently, they have sperm that are 100 times the length of their bodies. Wierd...

Anyways, I must retire to my textbook to study Teratomas (mom, look it up...so sick. It's like the TLC special. I have to study all those things in this class. Even the no face disease cool eh?)
House is on tongiht, don't forget.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Aimee, quite a day!...working on getting you a letter for Dental plan. Looking up the Teratomas and I watched House when I got home from pool,excellent, but resulted in me sleeping in and being late for a meeting this am! We won by the way! Your Mama Dukes Rocks! Beat a 4, 2 straight! YAY!
Got a special surprise in the mail last night...message me later...btw 5 extra hours are you sure you can handle it? I know they love you and all but...
Hope your day today is better!

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home