Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tagged a While Back

INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.

  1. Sunny Side of Life
  2. Pinkrawkstar
  3. All My Ex-Boyfriends
  4. Not So Starving Writer
  5. Aimee Thinks

Next select five people to tag: (if you haven’t done it already)

  1. Mama Dukes
  2. Kate
  3. Mark
  4. Nobody else reads my blog that also has a blog (that I know of)
  5. I suck

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Ten years ago I would have been 14. That would put me in summer just after 9th grade. Wow. I had just finished a hellish year in highschool where I was picked on pretty terribly. The worst part about it was that I was totally head-over-heals crushing on the guy who was the worst culprit. I dated him in seventh grade for 3 months 21 days (and yes, I still remember, I was obsessed). I don't know why he broke up with me. It might have had something to do with the fact that we were like 13 and that much time seems like a lifetime to be dating someone. I had my heart broken for the first time, and then he decided he would make fun of me. He carried it on through highschool. I was miserable, and depressed, and I had one friend in the world.

My best friend's name was Erin. She was miserable also. We fed on eachother's depression, to the point where things started to get bad. For me, I was too chicken to pass the point of angry music and army boots. But she wasn't. She started the infamous depressed 9th grade cutting, and expected me to follow. I consider myself lucky that I've never been a follower, because I am an all-or-nothing type. She wasn't. But I still wasn't happy. My mom announced that we were moving and I begged her to move as far away from where we were as we could. We comprimised on moving to a place where it was feasible for me to attend a different highschool, and for Jen to remain at hers. At this point in the summer, we had just moved (maybe three weeks earlier), and I was still a loner. But I wasn't picked on any more. I walked around discovering little areas in the neighborhood where I could be alone in peace, and I started to heal.

Alot has happened in ten years, and I feel like every single change has been for the better. I am happy. And I am able to appreciate my family, my education, and my past. For hwat it has taught me.

And...I recently talked to that guy. You know the one who I fell hard for, and he made my life miserable for a long time? He not only apologized but he tried to rekindle what only ever existed in my head. Luckily, I had just met Gemini that week, and I knew he was something special, so I was tempted, but I didn't meet him. He still messages me asking to "go for drinks" and such. I think that part of my life is better left in the past. I'm excited to see what the next 10 years will bring.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

Exactly one year ago today I was in Hailybury at a convent that was being converted into condos. I went to visit my now-ex-boyfriend. I went with his cousins up north. It was fun in that we had a HUGE place to ourselves. We ran around the place screaming and yelling, and noone could hear. There was about 500 rooms with things to discover, a full sized gymnasium to play in (complete with a stage), a wicked restaurant-style kitchen, and a fully accessable rooftop to view the town and the lake. We played guitar, and fished, cooked, watched movies, and relaxed. It was great...except for the fact that there was underlying tension between my ex and I. We both knew the relationship was over by this point. In fact, it had been over for quite some time probably. I don't know if it was just too scary to admit after 8 years, but we didn't even talk about it until the last day. I mentioned that I had barely seen him in the 4 days I was there. We were sleeping in seperate beds, and generally not enjoying eachothers company as anything more then good friends. That part was a little bit sad, and took a long time to accept. But I had a great time besides that. This time next year, I'll have a different, but also wonderful May-24 to look back on.

Five snacks you enjoy:
  1. Cookies!!
  2. Fruit
  3. Candies (mentos, or anything sour)
  4. Veggies (usually with salt, which makes this snack go from good to not-so-good)
  5. Anything crunchy, or crispy, or chewy, or delicious. Let's face it...I snack all day. Today I brought dry cheerios, an orange, and hot chocolate as snacks. I know I shouldn't need brekfast and lunch as well, but I brought yogart and soup. I love food :D


Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:

  1. Miss world - Hole
  2. I like Big Butts - Sir Mix-a-lot
  3. In your eyes - Ben Harper
  4. Broken - Seether
  5. Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
I know the words to hundreds of more, but those were just the first 5 I thought of. I love music, and I love music with meaningful lyrics especially. So I listen for it.

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:

  1. Buy mama dukes her bungalo. In (or close to) the town we live in now.
  2. Pay off my (and my sisters) student loans, and any other debt that exists in my family.
  3. Help my best friends.
  4. Travel. Constantly. Until I practically ran out of money. But I'd do this after finishing school. So that when I got back, I could get a job and support my family.
  5. Save. For children if I decide to have them. For their education. And if I don't have kids, I'll use the money to travel when I retire. To everywhere I didn't get to go before starting my career.
And I would do it in that order too. Not that I've thought about it...

Five bad habits:

  1. Swearing
  2. Judging people within minutes (sometimes seconds) of meeting them
  3. Not sleeping enough
  4. Eating too much and too often
  5. Wearing an angry face by default (even if I'm very happy)

Five things you like doing:

  1. Thinking
  2. Hanging out with my family
  3. Hanging out with Gemini
  4. Writing
  5. Reading

Five things you would never wear again:

  1. Shoulder pads
  2. Leggings
  3. Stirrup pants
  4. The pony tail holders with the big plastic balls on the ends that snap the shit out of your fingers when you lose your grip
  5. body suits (ah hahaha, I laugh thinking about it)
PS. Four of those were stolen from Brianne's answers, but they were just soo good I had to leave them!! I could have added other horrible 80's and 90's trends like flourencent colours, and layered socks!!

Five favorite toys:
  1. My boy toy (does that count? haha)
  2. My dog (she's a toy breed...and I play with her, so that totally counts!!)
  3. my MP3 player
  4. my laptop
  5. My baby beans

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really don't like these tag things cause like you ....not so many people read my blog.

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home