Thursday, April 26, 2007

Down Under

So I'm going to Australia.
For real.
I booked the hotel and everything.
I'm scared, and nervous and excited all at the same time.
This is probably the only time I'll ever get to make this trip so I'm all in. I am spending my own (non-existant) money to stay for a couple of extra days, because who wants to pay $3,000 to fly there and not get to have any fun?
It's going to be fantastic.

I have goals.
I want to see the great barrier reaf.
Even more, I want to walk through the rainforest.
I might even attempt to get to the wildlife dome so I can see a dingo. haha

Oh boy! be excited with me. I'm almost 24 anad I'm on my way to travelling the world. Just like I've always wanted (well not *just like*, I would prefer to be with family and friends, but we can't be picky when the plane is paid for...)

Speaking of plane. The flight is Loooong. Like 26 hours or something. I might die. I can't stay in one place that long. I'll have to find a few good books to read. And an extra few to read down there when my supervisor and the other masters student are going bungee jumping and white water rafting like a bunch of freaks. Who pays a ton of money to feel like they are about to die? Please...who does that? During that time, I plan to relax on the beach (about a 10 minute walk from my hotel) and walk through the city, and check out the history.

I'm pumped. The End.

It's going to be amazing :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow wow.That is wonderfull went to check out the site Keep your mind open It's Happening.
MCP

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you remember the card reader?
MCP

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yayay!

Excellent news indeed. I recommend you do the bungee jumping and such, but I also recommend not listening to me when it comes to risky decisions, Scott says I like to play Russian Roulette (sp?)

Broom

9:33 PM  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Aimee,
Nice! you are going to have a wild time. 26 hours on a plane, I for sure would need enough drugs to put down a horse, but it would be worth it.

Good luck when do you leave.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh thats so fun & exciting! When are you going?


Tracy

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home