Monday, April 16, 2007

G'day Mate

My supervisor submitted my research information to a conference (The World Sleep Conference!) in Australia in September. I don't find out until May if I actually get to go (because it's competitive in terms of what research gets presented), but I'm nervous just the same.

Check out the website:
http://www.worldsleep07.com/Discover_Cairns.htm

It's absolutly beautiful there.

I would be attending the 5 day conference (plus an extension of holiday time if I can budget it) and presenting my work to sleep researchers from all over the world. There would also be time set aside for me to attend workshops and mingle with other people (ie. try to build a name for myself through networking). It's sooo scary.

But my supervisor thinks I can do it (and I should do it). That's why he's potentially forking over a *HUGE* sum of money for me to go (assuming I get accepted).

Ahh...I didn't think this research thing would ever feel this real...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you could visit chief!

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooooo Exciting! I'm so proud of everything you've accomplished and I'm glad your Supervisor recognizes your outstanding potential!!!

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home