Sunday, April 15, 2007

As Requested

Again, I have had a blog topic requested of me (LOVE when this happens...). But this was a tough one cause I had to do a lot of reading in order to answer. I didn't have an oppinion on this one (even being the most oppinionated person on the planet...)

So, I did the necessary reading (well enough to make me satisfied that I was making a good choice). The question was if I had to be a mythical creature, which would I choose, and which would I want my mate to choose. It was a hard one, like I said, but here's what I came up with.

I would want to be a fairie. From what I understood about fairies, it seems that they are good inside, but often misunderstood. From wikipedia (because I didn't have time to do real research, with the school project etc) I found this explaination, which I liked, and it help me make up my mind. Referring to fairies...

A third belief held that they were a class of "demoted" angels. One popular story held that when the angels revolted, God ordered the gates shut; those still in heaven remained angels, those in hell became devils, and those caught in between became fairies

I thought about it, and thought it fit my personality pretty well. And they are pretty (not that pretty should define my response, but whatever)



If I had to choose a mate that came out of mythology, I think I would probably pick a dragon. Yes, a dragon. It's wierd, But I think it would be exactly the fit for me. I would teach my mate that eating people etc is bad news, and in the meantime...They are associated with wisdom—often said to be wiser than humans—and longevity. They are commonly said to possess some form of magic or other supernormal power, and are often associated with wells, rain, and rivers. In some cultures, they are said to be capable of human speech. They are also said to be able to talk to all animals.

All of these things appeal to me at least to some degree. Of course I dont have that kind of memory (but wish I did), and totally forgot that my 19. So that's my thoughts on that topic. Alot of reading for such a small post, but just wanted to get that off my chest.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That was a good response, it was certainly pleasurable to read.

The next time I toss you a topic I'll try to make it involve less work :P

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home