Saturday, March 24, 2007

Megadeth

The band that picked the wrong name cause people would probably like them a whole lot more if they didn't sound so scary. Like if you listen to their music, they will jusmp through the radio and kill your kitten or something. But whatever, I'm not intimidated by it. I don't really like kittens that much anyways...

So I went to see a concert. It opened with a band called Dope, that was a new-ish heavy metal band I had only heard once or twice before. They attract a younger croud. The kids with black hoodies and chains you know? The ones with a peircing through the skin on their sternum, and you can't figure out why anyone would want to do that. Yup those kinds of kids. But they were pretty good. The music that is.

Then Megadeth played. They were amazing. They only played for a little less than an hour, but it was high energy the whole time, and tricks or gimmicks. The band is just awsome. But, like always, they are an 80's hair metal band, so there were lots of next-generation rockers smoking the marjuana and making me laugh. Very entertaining overall.

Then it was time for Black Sabbath. The people continued to amuse me, but the music started getting a littl boring to be honest (sorry Sabbath fans). The first couple of songs were really good, and then you realize that the vocalist can't really change is voice. He can do thi one wicked-awsome screaming yeah-yeah! kind of voice, but not much else. Combine this with two lead guitars but No basist, and a drummer, and you have a bunch of songs that essentially sound the same...but it was good, just not AS good. Sabbath should have opened for Magadeth (*dodging bullets from hard-core Sabbath fans as we speak*)

One thing Black Sabbath di ave going for them though was the background entertainment. The amused me with a church-cathedral type background (for the Heaven and Hell tour) with great big creepy angel statues and optical stained glass windows etc. It was very cool.

I got groped by some old biker men every time I wasn't standing within 4 1/2 inches of Gemini, and if he walked away for even a second I would get comments like "nice tits!" from someone old enough to be my grandpa (Hi grandma! say hi to grandpa for me!!). This might have had to do with the 300:1 guy to girl ratio. And when i say girl I mean white-haired leather-wearing bikers wife who has listened to Sabbath since before I was born. haha

Anyways, it was a great time, and I'd like to see Megadeth again some day if they ever play a show that they are headlining. That would be amazing. And now I have a new group of friends (Gemini and his two closest guy friends) to go with. Funny how I manage to fit in with guys and yet don't stand a chance at making friends with Geminis close friends who are girls. Not a chance people...I should have been born with a penis.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Would you like to have been born with a penis?

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home