Sunday, March 11, 2007

Apocalyptica

I just thought I'd share this because it makes me elated.

Gemini asked me to listen to this group that does cover songs from other bands that we both happen to like very much. So I forgot about it for a while, and then he mentioned it again, and actually let me listen to one of the songs he had on his computer. This group amazes me. They are kind of similar in musical style as the trans-siberian orchestra, but they do covers from Metallica and other rock-ish bands. And it sounds incredible.

So, I just thought I'd let the world know that this exists in case it could make you as happy as I am right now, listening to chellos and violins on a sunday morning.

Oh and...Gemini never ceases to amaze me. What a guy :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to love those guys, especially their cover of "One" by Metallica.

I didn't know they were still making things, I think it was like 4 years ago I had a brief stint of them.

Oh, right, this is Aron, stupid anon. posting requirement as a result of my making up idiotic passwords that I can't remember.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This group is phenomenal - and they don't do many covers anymore - they do their own compositions. They are classically-trained musicians, and they rock! Right now, Apocalyptica is in the midst of recording their newest CD, and should be touring the USA late this year or early next.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home