Monday, February 12, 2007

The Club Experience

So I went on the "date" to the club in Toronto. It was quite an experience, and not one that I hated so much that I wouldn't do it again. In fact, I would go as far as to say that it was fun, and I wouldn't mind going again (yes, I admit it ok? stop looking at me like that!!). But there is a few funny stories to go with the night.

First my friend Rachel and I decided that it would be a good idea to have a drink or two to loosten up a bit before meeting Gemini's friends (who are girls, and girls are intimidating...) so, we got together at her house, at which point we both realized that we knew how to show off our best assets. Both of our shirts were cut so as to show significant cleavage, because it's a club, and that's what people do. So we head over to the birthday girl's house with our "significant others" (?) and when the door is opened we get greeting by her parents...(thanks for telling us Gemini!) Oh, and the better part...Gemini's parents were there too, and his aunt, his uncle, his cousin. When he said they were family friends I apparently didn't get the extent.

So picture this. I *discreetly* shove my hand into my jacket and yank my shirt up to an appropriate-for-parents hight, but my friend Rachel cannot do this. Her shirt style prevents it. So when the mom takes Rachels coat she turns around to look at me all embarrased. She looks down at my shirt, and mouths at me "bitch!!" Hahaha

Anyways, birthday girl insisted on having a limosine so she got what she wanted. The driver showed up at the door with strict orders for rules of the limo. She reads "No alcoholic beverages in the vehicle. Subjet to $200 fine" She gets a little irritated. The driver didn't tell her this before. I tell Gemini to go talk to the driver (he's a smooth talker) and ask him if we can drink. He starts by saying no, then plastic bottles only, then "whatever, as long as you ditch the bottles before we get there". Haha. We took two bottles of rum, some beer, and champaghne and it had to be gone before we got there (45 minute drive). It was the perfect example of how-not-to-drink.

Upon arrival at the club, the booze was gone, the club was empty (because it was early) and our group started the dance party (someone's gotta do it...). I stuck with Gemini, and Rachel and her boyfriend because Geminis girl-friends were sticking together. I think at least one of two girls have a serious crush on him, so I might have sensed a bit of attitude (but I'm not sure). In any case, I didn't see the girls for the rest of the night so it doesn't matter. We danced. We drank more. We danced more (there may have been a platform or a pole involved at some point but I'm not going to say...) and before you know it, it was time to go.

I found out after that Rachels boyfriend got sick in the bar. On the floor. Gross.

Gemini called his mom to pick us up from the birthday girls house (where the limo dropped us off). I didn't believe him when he said "don't worry I called my mom", but I had no choice but to believe him when she showed up with the van to drive everyone home. It was fun.

I went to his house last night for a visit, and his mom asks me "so did you have fun at the club on Saterday" and say "yes I did actually, it was a lot of fun" and she says "do you like the music there" and I say "yes, I like it pretty well" (my mom taught me how to be polite, hahaha) and then she says (wait for it....) "Did you dance on the platforms? with the poles...?"

Oh my GOD, what do I say to that?? "umm, no. I wouldn't do something like that".

Gemini looks at me and says "I can't believe you just lied to my mom right to her face" (we are still standing right in front of her by the way)

We all laughed a lot. Reminds me of my house.

Good times.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Aimee! Bad girl lying to someone's mom!
LOL..I would have done the same! Clearly, Gemini has a close relationship with his Mom as well. Makes you wonder if he tells her everything....
I'm so glad you had fun and the experience didn't change you. I know that you really thought you would change into Paris Hilton if you went to a club and that's why you've been avoiding it!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Aimee said...

I *DO* turn into Britney Spears when I'm drinking ;)

9:14 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

You DO NOT turn into Britney Spears when you're drinking cause if you did you wouldn't have had panties on when you got home!!! Big difference in showing a little clevage and all the goodies!!!

Glad you had fun. I'm still expecting to meet him one Thursday night...tell him to call in sick!!!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home