Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I Survived

In case anyone was wondering...I survived the surgery. I no longer have tonsils. I now have big gaps in the back of my throat where my tonsils used to be. I call them "tonsil-O's". The surgery was scary. I didn't react very well to the anesthetic. I was crying and shaking, and I didn't know why, and I couldn't stop it. It's also scary being on the surgery table. I was laughing nervously, and chatting with the operating team. I felt like it was payback for the work I do at school with rats. But I only remember being in there for about 5 minutes while I was awake. I don't remember going to sleep. That part is neat thinking back on it.

Anyways, recovery was interesting. I took the prescribed codeine for a day and a half to get me through the worst of the pain by sleeping. Then I was sick of being out of it, so I stopped taking the drugs. It hurt, but I was happy to be back. I had a hard time talking, but I ate plenty of popsicles and was back to normal in no time. I ate with the family on Christmas eve and Christmas day, and feel like I haven't stopped eating since. Any weight I lost is back, plus some. Thank you Christmas. Back to the gym for the new year. Haha

Christmas was wonderful as always. Everyone got particularly spoiled this year. I think it might have something to do with getting all of our shopping done early. Then continuing to shop for things we didn't need. It was good though. A nice treat for the whole family.



New years was spent happily at home with good friends. The best way to spend it in my opinion. Overall a fantastic vacation. But now it's time to get serious again. Back in business. So I returned to school on Tuesday. Alone in the lab for the week I presume. At least I have been up until this point. Classes start up next week, so there will be a welcome return of routine.

I hope everyone had a happy holiday. Welcome back to reality :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home