Monday, November 06, 2006

Putting Myself "Out There"

So, as you all have gathered, I'm single. I actually don't mind being single. I get to flirt with people guilt free, and know that when a "worth it" guy comes along, I don't have to let him pass by. But, my mother keeps telling me..."you're not putting yourself out there...", which I guess is a bit true (sticks tongue out at mom).

I'm still getting used to being single, and though I'm not entirely against starting new relationships, I'm more interested in just dating and seeing who's out there. But there is a fine line because I'm older now and I expect a few things from a guy in order to consider him "date worthy". Again I have been criticized for this, but I think I deserve to be picky, so there. Firstly, I would be more comforatable with the idea of dating someone educated. You don't have to be a rocket scientist (or a scientist at all for that matter) but, someone with ambition. I have found that a lot of people with "blue collar" jobs (as mom would say) are just working to make money, and don't have any passion for what they spend 1/3 of every day doing. It just doesn't appeal to me. HOWEVER, if I were to meet a guy who loves his job, and has some future goals to go along with his blue collar job, it'd be cool with me. When we went on dates I wouldn't have to hear bitching about how crappy there day was, just like every other day. I like my work, and I'd like a guy more if he liked his too, that's all.

I figure I'm allowed to be picky on at least one aspect of men, and that's the one I choose. I don't really have a "type", so appearance is only partially important.

Anyways...long story made a little-less-long...I want tips on how to "put myself out there" without making it the main focus of my life. Cause I have a million other things I'm interested in doing with my days, before finding boys to take up more time. I'm not interested in picking up guys at a club, cause they are generally creepy. So there's my exception. Help me out.

4 Comments:

Blogger nicolacassa said...

Try to find happy thoughts and live day by day. Think about this: in this world there is one guy that's your exact match, one day you'll find yourselves together. Until that day, live your life, flirt as you like, the most important thing in life is: BE HAPPY. Trust me. Don't ever lose that smile.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, I need to qualify that I am NOT the one telling you that you are too picky! I agree that you are at an age where you should qualify the people that you date....but remember that guy that is cooking in the kitchen..might own the restaurant! I just want the best for you and you can't find it at HOME! Give people a chance and enjoy flirting! There is nothing wrong with that!
That's all I have to say on this subject!
I get it, I've been chastised and will in future remain quiet.

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aron, you suck! How do you know I wasn't hurt by that! LOL!
Anyway, Aimee has very much changed from the WLU days and is totally showing off the hot properties! She's wearing the tight tops(very little sweatshirt action happening) totally wearing the hair down (got her own straightening iron) and well the jeans are totally tight....so now that we have all those physical aspects covered you pig...give her some real tips on places/ways to put herself out there!
BTW, how the heck are you? Are you still in school? How is Nat? Just thought I'd ask!

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dating's over rated and boys suck.


i'll come up with better advice when i'm less bitter about the whole dating world.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home