Friday, October 27, 2006

I Can't Help It

I can't help but think people are stupid. I get this from my mom. (Thanks mama dukes)

I was sitting on the GO train this morning, off in my own little world, thinking about my rats and the class I have to teach today and staring off into the sunrise. I was happy. But I still couldn't help but want to kick the girls sitting in the seats behind me. It's not the first time I've encountered these same girls. The first time was a Saterday morning waiting for the GO train. They were talking loudly about some people at there school. About how they were sleeping together and how one had an STD (firstly you're 16! and secondly...hello!? this is not good public conversation!!). So I just kind of shot a death glare at them (again, inherited by my mother, but very well practiced).

Now, I would have brushed it off as nothing but I keep encountering them. Every day they are on the train at the same time as me, and on the same cart. They stole my 'regular' spot, and I'm a creature of habbit so I can't change seats (stop thinking I'm a freak, I know you are!). Anyways they do their make-up on the train and their hair etc. And sometimes they change clothes. Granted they are 16 and these things are still the most important aspects of their lives (why did I skip this stage? I dunno). I expect stupid things to come out of their mouths, but some days are worse than others. For example, one day one of them goes to the other one "Hey! Let me borrow your sharpie" I'm thinking...that's a weird thing for her to request. Normally she's requesting mascara or the lip gloss she stole from her mother, but whatever. And then they start going on about how the sharpie (permanent marker for those who aren't writing utensil buffs) is used to highlight the frekles on their face! Freaks...

And so this morning they have a new friend with them. Obviously new to the crowd because she got an entire make-over on the train on the way to school this morning. They changed the way she was wearing her top. They told her to put more mascara on because "your eyelashes are practically non-existant!" And they changed her from normal person I wouldn't bother giving a second look to a freak, just like the rest of them. People are stupid. Granted they're young but come on people...use your brain!! (PS. that's the thing in your thick skull that rattles around when you throw your head around to make your hair look sexy).

Urgh...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are way to young to be so jaded!
I've taken 43 years to get this way! The death stare is good to learn early though!! I'll give you that one!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home