Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I Like Crafts...

So, I don't think of myself as particularily crafty or creative but I love to do crafts and make things. I'm not sure if this is a new thing or not. I don't remember being that into crafts as a kid, though I'm sure I did a bit of the required stuff in art class etc. But I remember hating art class cause I can't draw.

Anyways, lately (as in the last couple of years) I have been more into crafts but to be honest I am held back by the cost of supplies. I started scrapbooking and found out quickly how expensive that can become when you want to make it dolled up with extras. Also I started making jewlery. I love this hobby but it also gets expensive for the beads and string etc.

My latest creativity was put into tiling the kitchen backsplash. Now mom thinks I am lying for her benefit when I say I like to do stuff like this, but really I do! And now we have left over acryllic from the kitchen and I'm thinking of ways to use it. I have thought about using it to "tile" the frame of my mirror, but instead of using tile I would use little peices of broken glass. But mom laughs at me, and thinks by the time I've helped tile the floors, I will be sick of tiling forever.

I just thought it was a new fun thing to add to my craft-making.

I need Jen to move out so I can have a craft room, and then I need to win the lottery so I can afford to make pretty stuff.

I'm such a nerd :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny! You get that crafty gene from your Grandmother's side of that family!
I'm telling you we could do a lot in the basement with my office/scrapbooking/crafty room....if we could just get Rob to finish it!
How are you with power tools...if you use the skill saw and a hammer I could design it for us!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

oh, you don't even know.

I can tile AND use power tools.

7:45 AM  
Blogger B said...

hahaha you crack me up!

i think the broken glass would be cool aroudn the mirror---or even if you found beached glass (which you can get at craft stores because collecting it takes forever) that it would look awesome.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home