Friday, August 04, 2006

Lost Lake

There is this place that greg goes to with his family every year called lost lake. It is a little cabbin on a lake with no electricity or running water etc. They go there to fish and drink and hang out away from civilization. Every year I get invited to go to this place and every year I am working a full time job, and can't really afford to take a week off to go play. But this year Greg is working an important job too, and so he decided to just go for the long weekend. I figured this was managable, so I agreed to go.

Then I get this email from his aunt saying that she is aware of my bee allergy, and a nurse told her that an epi-pen is only good for about 15 minutes. Now I knew this, but I thought that the hospital was within a half hour, and maybe I'd be able to push my luck if I hurried. But in this email Greg's aunt informs me that the nearest hospital is 2 hours away, and she asks if I could bring 8 epi-pens. EIGHT!!

Now, I'm not sure if she realized that an epi-pen contains pure epinephrine (adreniline) and is not particularily good for you. In fact, every time you use it, you risk having a heart attack. Can you imagine pumping 8 of those things into your body? I'd be asking to die.

So, I decided not to go. But here's the kicker...Greg is pissed off at me. He sais I'm being paranoid, and that nothing is going to happen. Now I ask him, "how do you know? shit happens."
So I'm slightly irritated about the whole thing because not only am I missing out on camping, and seeing my boyfriend (which is bad enough), I am getting the cold shoulder for trying to protect myself. I'm sure Greg will get over himself and stop being so selfish, but for now I am taking my right to be a little pissy right back at him.

He'd feel worse if I died...

1 Comments:

Blogger B said...

aimee--quit being paranoid, bring one epi-pen, and a big ass flyswatter.


wait? what am I saying? I hate nature!

If you go, do get stung by a bee, and die, I can lay the guilt on extra thick to Greg if you'd like.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home