Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Call me crazy but...

I hate being in situations where favoritism is obvious, and I'm not the favorite.

Short vent.

My lab has a clear favorites and I'm at the bottom of the list. I'm getting more and more irritated as time passes because I am getting kind of crappy treatment in comparison to the other people in the lab.

I'm just sick of the random comments like "I took a chance on you, and it didn't turn out horrible" etc. that are not saying that I don't deserve to be here, but rather, I should count myself lucky, and continue to work hard to get no thanks in return. I'm satisfactory in other words, but by no means great.

Problem is that I don't think it has much to do with my brains or my work ethic. In fact I'm at a loss for what the favoritism is based on. Maybe how "fun" the people are. Cause I tend to take work more seriously then others sometimes.

I don't really care what it is, but I hope I stop getting random rude comments sometime soon, cause saying something would make things worse, but I'm not going to deal with it for 2 more years. Not happily anyways....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only tell you to speak up so many times! It is very frustrating to me to watch my beautiful, intelligent daughter take this form of abuse from someone because he has a form of control on your future! You need to formally address this and deal with the fallout because quite simply you won't be happy either way unless something changes and fast!
He needs to re-think his position and change his tactics or perhaps there may need to be fallout for him!

11:42 AM  
Blogger B said...

dude...fucking send a one liner back their way...they'll get the message and quit

and if they don't...well...I know a guy, who knows a guy, who has a whale harpoon that he could possibly knife them with in their sleep.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home