Thursday, July 20, 2006

The mommy scare

Quick story...

Every morning I get up and get in the shower at the same time, and on my way I peek my head in at my sleeping puppy (on mom's bed). And every morning she lies there until I'm done and waits on the edge of the bed wagging her tiny tail and looking ever-so-cute until I rub her belly, give her a brush, and take her downstairs to pee.

So this morning I peeked my head in as usual and she was lying flat on her back with all paws spread, sleepy as a bean. So, I just took my usual shower and came out expecting her to jump up like usual and come meet me at the edge of the bed. But she didn't. She just lay there with her paws spread on her back.

So I climbed into moms bed and started rubbing her belly. But she didn't squirm or make a noise or anything. She just lay there totally still. So I got a bit worried and started tugging at her paws and they would flop right back to where they started. So I'm a bit more worried.

So I pick her head up off the bed, and drop it. It falls right back onto the bed. At this point I'm sure she's dead. She's tucked her face to tightly into moms back or blankets and suffocated herself.

"mom....? hunny's not moving...."

mom whips around to see what I mean and a combination of mom moving the warmth and sticking her face into hunny's to say good morning got her up. She opened her eyes a little and yawned....

She was just a sleepy pup. Cute as ever.

I rubbed her belly, gave her a brush, and brought her down to pee :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait for that phone call when your firstborn sleeps through the night the very first time and you wake up first...you will call me and i will make you go into the babies room just like I had too!
easy to laugh now....hard to open that door back then!

11:32 AM  
Blogger B said...

geez aimee...I got scared there for a moment!

give hunny a hug from the crazy american kid that visited you for a week!!!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home