Thursday, August 17, 2006

You Can't Get Rid of Me

So Quit Trying...

September is fast approaching as usual. It is normally the time of year that I dread and wish would go away out of my life forever. But, this year is a little different. This year I don't have to pack up all my stuff. I don't have to move to Waterloo to live in the basement of a house with 6 crappy roommates (well at least 4 or 5).

I am staying home. I am sleeping with my puppy. I am bugging my mom every chance I get.

The one thing I love about going to U of Toronto (although I have not yet officially started going there) is that every night (no matter how long the day seemed) I get to go home and hug my family and chat about how everybodies day was.

I don't miss Waterloo (as I've probably made obvious by now...), and I am hopeful for the potential things I can get out of U of T. But in the same breath, I am nervous about starting classes and officially starting the rest of my education, the next step in my life, potentially my career, my whole life.

I have to decide important things again, and the feeling has returned. The feeling I had when I was in OAC and had to pick a university and a program. The same feeling I got when I had to pick a university for my post-grad and pick a supervisor.

The only thing that keeps me going is that I don't have to move, my family will support me no matter what, and I get to sleep with my puppy (even if it's not every night).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

some things just make it all worth while!
We're happy to have you home as well and this feeling of indecision will pass as well.
Glad to have you home!
Mama Dukes

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home