Monday, October 30, 2006

Monday Mornings

I come to school this morning, excited to be here as usual. I checked on my little buddies (my rats) and fed the snails etc. My usual morning duties. Then I sit down at my computer to check emails, and blogs, and waste time (again as usual..teehee) for a little while and wait for my brain to get fired up when...a cockroach crawls across my desk. Eww.
I am usued to seeing cockroaches on the floor around here. There are four diffent species in the building I work in. Partially because it's an old building, and partially because people (like my lab) in the building work with them, and study them, and sometimes lose them (obviously).

So I'm totally grossed out and I have a compulsion to clean all of a sudden. I know they like to eat wood etc. and don't really care if the room is clean or dirty but urgh. I feel disgusting. I squished him. I don't care if the animal activists come running out of the woodwork and call me a killer. Had it been another day I would have caught him in a jar and got rid of him humanely but give me a break. It's Monday, and I just can't handle creepy crawlers on Monday. Yuk.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you aren't bringing him home with you! That would not be good!!!!
Love Mama Dukes

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home