Monday, December 18, 2006

Cristmas Memories

This just in: Aimee has no more tonsils. She's starving and can't wait to get back to her steady diet of christmas baking and appetizers only (until the new year).

So, I have many many great Christmas memories. In fact, Cristmas is my absolute favorite holiday. It means so many things to me. Every Christmas we put up a fabulous tree all decorated with ornaments collected through the years. We always have christmas tunes, and christmas drink (usually eggnog, or apple cider) while we put it up, and every year it looks equally fantastic. This year we were lucky enough to enjoy our tree for months, and I'll still be sorry when we have to take it down.

Closer to christmas day, we finish all the food shopping, and get all the gifts wrapped, and you can feel everyone getting excited. On christmas eve, we have appetizers all day long. We hang out together and eat and chat and be merry. In the evening we have a special dinner (surf & turf) where we eat for hours (well I do at least...) and we unwrap one (or two...) presents each. Now it can't just be any presents. It's always PJ's so that we can wake up in style on christmas morning. And in more recent years, we have been opening a movie also. We then finish hanging out, and head to bed so that santa can finish the set-up, and get some sleep before morning.

On christmas morning, noone goes down stairs first. When someone wakes up, they wake up all the others (assuming it's past the designated wake-up limit) and we all play with the pets in mom's bed until everyones got their teeth brushed. Then we go downstairs and make coffee and open stockings (my personal favorite part). After that we make breakfast and open gifts. We like to stretch it late into the morning. Then we all take naps and pitch in for christmas dinner.

Lots of food, family, and fun. Every year we get a new christmas family game. These are the things that make the holiday special. I will continue these traditions if I ever have kids. If I don't have kids, mama dukes can expect me to continue coming back home to enjoy the holiday as much as I do now.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel no regrets about the tonsils..in short time you won't remember you ever had them and frankly I'm glad they are gone so I never have to see you in pain like this again!!

Christmas is a wonderful time at our home, I agree! I still kind of miss my Mom's home made ornaments...but I guess until you guys move out the tree is kind of full (LOL)!
The tradition will continue at home forever and as long as I'm around!
Love you loads, Mama Dukes

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home