Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Facebook Official

So the story continues...

I called Gemini last night while taking a break from a science paper I was reading. We chatted for a bit about nothing (how our day was etc.) and then somehow the conversation got turned around and we started discussing where things are going in terms of "us". I think both of us were wierded out a little about being the one to decide about the status of things. Well I know I was. I don't know him super-well yet so I don't know a lot about his past (especially in terms of dating history). He claims he hasn't had any serious relationships, but that could mean one of two things (both very different things).
#1: He's a "player" or however you want to put it. Basically he dates whoever but never actually commits to anyone cause he wants to play the field.
#2: He's picky, and hasn't found the right person yet.

Anyways, during this discussion, I kind of imply that I'm a little worried that it might turn out to be more of a #1 kind of situation, in which case, I'd not be interested in letting things progress too far. And he laughs at me (geeze this is happening a lot lately...). He jokes for about 5 or 10 minutes straight about how he's the one who has to worry. That guys are probably throwing themselves at me constantly etc etc. He says "What do you think I am, a man-whore?". I say, "well I don't know, maybe". He assures me that this isn't the case, and that if I ask his friend (whom I know because he's dating one of my best friends), he can tell me that Gemini is just picky. He hasn't had relationships because he hasn't found the right person yet.

And so it continues...I mention that his Facebook account is full of girls comments and they all seem to have crushes on him. Again he laughs and assures me they are just flirtatious friends, some of which he's known sinse childhood. I mention that he hasn't made our situation public yet (ie. putting his "status" on facebook). He says he's been waiting for me, cause he doesn't want to push me into it. So he changes it while still on the phone with me. So we are now (facebook) officially dating. I'd say that's the most official it can get. Everyone he knows (even sort-of) will see that he is now dating Me.

Then he asks me if I want to go to a birthday party for one of his friends (one of the girls I assumed was persuing him) on Saterday. But it's in Toronto and they are taking a limosine. Crazy people. Not only am I 23 and have never been to a club in Toronto, but I'm not exactly jumping at the chance to do it. Especially not with nobody else I know, and most-especially not showing up in a limo. Embarrasing much? So I don't know what to do. When I said I didn't want to go alone he invited one of my friends and her boyfriend (who is also his friend). I guess I'll see if my friend is coming. That would be better. But what would I wear? I don't do clubs...

Anyways, now it is blogger official too.

Oh, as an afterthought...turns out he didn't get the point that I have only dated one guy. We were talking about the whole paying-the-bill thing, cause I just needed to emphasize my point (ie. that I hate it). He said that I'm probably the only girl on Earth that doesn't like that (which may or may not be the case, but whatever). He was asking if no guys I dated have ever opened doors and such for me before. He kept referring to me-and-guys and eventually I stopped him and said "Gemini...can you listen to me carefully for 2 minutes?! I started dating Greg when I was 15, and continued to date him until August. I have not (repeat - have not) dated since then. And when you're 15, the romance thing isn't an issue, and after a few years when it might become an issue, we were already dating too long for that kind of romance" And his response was something like "what? you haven't dated anyone since?...oh...didn't you break up in August?...oh...I didn't realize..." At which point I let him know...I'm picky too ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

So are you bringing him out to pool tomorrow night or what?!?!?

Bring him out for an an "embarassing much" (as you put it) evening with your mom and the rest of us and see how he does.

Then you'll know if you should return the favor on Saturday night!!!

BRING HIM OUT!!!

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Aimee.

One thing I found interesting is the two possibilities you mentioned. Personally I haven't dated anyone in over three years and I wouldn't describe myself as picky (unattractive maybe!) and I know for sure I'm not a player, lol

Hope everything is ok
Derek

7:32 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Derek...hey! Thanks for the comment.

I think you misunderstood though. I gave those two options for him because I know that he has plenty of opportunity to date many good looking women (or at least judging by his facebook account). Not that you wouldn't, but girls are openly flirtatious with him, and since he made the "nothing serious" comment, I thought it must be one of those two things.

Didn't mean to imply all guys are one or the other...

7:37 PM  
Blogger B said...

1) GO TO THE DAMN CLUB, AIMEE!

2) Way to get that shit official on Facebook. I don't know it is at UT, but everywhere else here, the motto is "If it isn't on facebook, it isn't true." :P

3) GO TO THE DAMN CLUB, AIMEE! You'll have fun. But you can only have fun if you promise to tell yourself that it won't suck before hand.

Besides, maybe you'll see some snazzy people in the train station like we did late at night... :P and THEN get to take the crazy Harry Potter bus home!!!!

You know it was fun!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home