Monday, February 05, 2007

Date with Gemini

Hey, quick update before I leave to go home from work. Haha

The date with Gemini on Friday was good. We went to dinner, and had good conversation. Talked a lot about family and friends, and told silly stories from the past. We didn't talk about anything super-serious, which was nice. He seems really into his family though, which is really important to me.

Anyways, the only bad part about dinner was that he insisted on paying. I'm a split-the-bill type person. I don't like to fight over who's paying for it, but I don't need everything done for me either. This goes along with the door opening thing (which I think I might have got across after being very pushy). But maybe he'll get the hint eventually.

After, he asked if I wanted to go to a movie. I suggested just hanging out and doing something low-key and he asked if I wanted to go to his friends house and just hang out for a while. I said sure. On the way he tried bringing me to meet his parents. I'm pretty sure my panic was showing when we pulled into his driveway and he said his aunts and grandpaerents were visiting too. He didn't make me go in. I'm sure it would have been fine, but I don't know how much they know about me. I'll be embarrased whenever this happens, so I should have gotten it over with. Oh well. He met Mama Dukes. I think she likes him?? Eh ma...? Not bad eh?

Anyways, we went to his friends house and hung out. We chatted and watched part of a movie. We listened to music for a while, and hung out with the guys. I liked seeing his friends cause I think it gives you a pretty good idea about how he spends his time. In this case, he's into music, and cars, and boy stuff. Haha. But it was a night like I would spend with my friends. At home with a few close buddies. Good job.

He asked me (in words I can't recall exactly) if he could call me his "girlfriend".
I laughed a little and asked him if that was a new line.
Then I felt really stupid and laughed more.
He gets it I think. I dig him. haha

Anyways, he came to a house party that I was at on Saterday too. I found out a few more interesting things (always something new). I don't know if I mentioned that he plays guitar (which is very attractive), but he does. I found out he also plays the drums, and the piano. He plays them all well too. Very nice...haha. He came out for a meal with a couple of my friends. He paid the bill again...for all of us. I don't know when that's going to stop. But hopefully soon. I hope he doesn't think I'm being polite offering to pay or something. I think things should be split for at least a while. We'll see.

Anyways, for now Gemini is a winner. He has peaked my interest (a relatively hard thing to do I think). I'm keeping him around, and we'll see what happens. He might find out that I've been secretly writing about him and never speak to me again. It would be his loss :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Mama Dukes approves. He seems very nice and once you guys get comfortable maybe he'll actually come in the house and meet the madness that is our family.....but wait, we'll have to scrub down the living quarters! And for all you who think she is just blinded by lust...he really is quite cute.

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home