Friday, February 02, 2007

Obsessions

So, I promised in the blog below (and will keep that promise from this day forth) to blog about anything that is requested of me. I don't think of topics easily, but I have an open mind, so I'm willing to get it all out perfectly publically. So a good friend of my moms (MP: I told mom you said hi by the way) requested that I write about what I like or dislike right now, or anything that I might be obsessed with at the moment. So that becomes the topic of this blog.

#1: FACEBOOK
In May when I started school at U of T I had never even heard of facebook. Basically it is a way for students in lot of different networks to get in touch with eachother. You post a profile with your information and photo albums, and notes, etc etc. And people can request that you add them as your friends. You eventually build da list of people that you can talk to through private or public messages. It's silly really, but I'm obsessed.
I am a self-proclaimed Facebook stalker. I can glimpse into people's lives, and see what they are up to now (as in what they are doing in life this year, month, or moment). It's a creepy obsession really. I check up on many of the people on my list often, and I get notified when they put something new into their profile.
In fact, I found this guy I used to date. You could say it was the first guy I ever "loved". I messaged him. We talked a little bit (well a lot over a few days) and he asked me out for drinks etc. I said no. That brings me to the next thing I like (though I wouldn't call him an obsession).

#2: GEMINI
I'm naming the guy gemini to keep his identity private (not because I'm embarrased or anything, but more because he didn't agree to be written about, haha).
Anyways, I wouldn't have written about it but it deserves to be on the list, so he is. The story starts with a friend of mine and her current boyfriend deciding that I might like to meet Gemini. They brought him to my house as a friend of a friend a couple of weeks ago. He is cute, but I wasn't Looking to like him just because (he's a little younger than me, so I forsaw that being a bit of an issue)
Anyways, he turns out to be hilarious, and outgoing, and basically very charming. So I gave him my number, and he has been making me laugh ever since. A few phone calls, several facebook messages (yes, I can stalk him too), and a night out for coffee. And tonight (in about an hour) my first official date (maybe ever...?). So I was paniky about it all afternoon because he said he was "making reservations" and you know me, I prefer low-maintenance. Anyways, I convinced him we should go to East Side's instead of someplace fancy. He said ok, thankfully. So, now that he has an official secret-blog-name I'll let you know how it goes.

PS. The name comes from the fact that his astrologiccal sign is gemini (obviously), and I've never "gone out" with anyone who wasn't gemini. Maybe it's a bad habbit I have to break I dunno. But even as a kid, counting everyone I ever had a crush on pretty much, every single one of them has been a gemini. Wierd eh?

#3: MUSIC
Lastly...I have a renewed need for music. I used to need to listen to music every day, just to get me through the day. I find music healing and helpful. Angry music can make me happy sometimes, and an inspirational song like "Good day - Jewel" can start anyones day off smiling. A good hip-hop dance song can put a hop in my step or make me feel a little prettier or something. It's wierd, but I don't think it's unusual. I lost that feeling for a while. I wasn't excited about music anymore. But it's back. I love it. It makes me feel good. Today I have the song "The Dolphins Cry - Live" in my head. It's a beautiufl song. But I had a dream about the song "Fade to Black - Metallica", so maybe that should be my song for the day.

I'm not feeling dislike towards anything in particular right at this moment (might be happy cause of the date or something, I dunno). But I'm sure I'll make that a blog for another time, when I think of something good.

Thanks to MP for this blog. Keep the suggestions coming. I really miss blogging. I have been waiting for a reason to write.

1 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

That worked out well!! I have no idea why I can leave a message on your blog and not your moms..too wierd. I thought it was wild how obsessions change. Right now the hubby and I are TOTALLY into music too. Previews of the Grammy's this year make us really want to watch, we know all of the artists. 5 years ago I didn't know anyone since I was very limited in what I listened too..5 years from now who knows..

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home