Thursday, February 15, 2007

Heart Day

So yesterday was Valentines day. The dreaded day that you think about for a week before it happens and wonder what exactly *are* your responcibilities on this day for the other people in your life. And at some point every year you come to the conclusion that you don't really have any, cause it's a silly holiday (is it even a holiday? I had to work...)

Anyways, Gemini wanted to do something, and as much as I think the label "Valentines Day" is a little silly, I do like to hang out with him, so I took this as just another time to hang out. He called after work and asked if I'd had dinner. I hadn't. I said I could, I didn't care. He said he booked a reservation (under the name "sugar" again, which is my nickname to him if I hadn't mentioned it before). He's gotta stop embarrasing me like that. Geeze.

He came to my house with the traditional Valentines things. Roses, a teddy bear, and chocolates. It was cute, but VERY unnecessary. I gave him the DVD I bought. I'm not sure he knew how to react, but whatever.
Anyways we went for dinner at a low-key restaurant. Just my style. I wasn't as nervous as last time we went out for dinner, so I actually ate this time. It was good. Then he asked if I wanted to go see a movie. I said I didn't care (cause really, I don't). He asked if I wanted to stay in and rent a movie instead. I said "sure", cause it's cheeper and less pressure. Anyways we went to get a movie (which took forever cause I wouldn't pick it, and he was indecisive) and went back to his house. We watched a bit of American Idol with his parents and asked if they wanted to watch the movie. They said they didn't. So we ended up watching the DVD I bought for him (so renting the other movie was a silly move). It was funny cause it was all 80's hair-band metal music videos, and interviews with the band. We had a good laugh over some of the content of the videos.

So all-in-all a good night. I have no complaints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home