Sunday, March 04, 2007

Theme Nights Are Fun

My friends and I have started doing this thing, where we decide on a theme for a Saterday night and then just run with it. We have had theme parties a few times now that are based around raising a bit of money for the Weekend to End Breast Cancer walk in the fall (for which I'm still open for donations BTW).

So last night we did "Poker Night". We decided to get together with some friendds and play a few games of poker and split the pot at the end 50-50 between winner and fundraiser. This would have been a great idea, except that we had 10 people playing one game of never-ending poker. So there was a one time imput of money, and the game lasted hours. So it could have been more fruitful, but was fun just the same.

I'm not sure what the theme will be next time, but we are totally open for ideas.

On Friday the family went bowling as a fun night out to pseudo-celebrate Mama Dukes' birthday on Monday. We all got together and bowled a few games for fun. Jen's boyfriend got high score, but I'm not sure it mattered anyways. It was just an excuse to hang out and enjoy ourselves.

Gemini came along, and got a real taste of the family. I think he fit in pretty well (as predicted). We had some good laughs over how out-going my family can be at times. He didn't run away, so I think he likes us pretty well. At least he can handle the weirdo in us. It's fun to be a little off your rocker no? Maybe he'll stick around for a while ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home