Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Have you ever wondered?

How bulimics throw up every day?

I was contemplating this yesterday as I threw up the entire contents of my stomach. I think it might have had something to do with the cranberry juice I bought from the corner store. I didn't check the expiry date. It expired in November of last year.

I felt it coming on in the morning, but ignored the feeling, and figured it would pass. By mid-morning I was getting worried, as my body was feeling worse. Then my stomach got seriously upset and I knew vomiting was inevitable. But I absolutely despise throwing up. It might actually be the worst feeling to have stomach acid passing through your throat (I cringe just thinking about it). So of course my initial reaction is fear, and then I cry like a girl.

My supervisor at work doesn't handle crying girls very well. But luckily the other master's student in my lab was helpful. She sat in the washroom with me for a bit until I felt like it might pass again. I continued sitting on the cold tile floor for an hour or two. People in my building are very nice and kept insisting that i go to the fourth floor washroom where there is a couch-type thing I could lay down on. So I attempted the trip, knowing that moving might be a bad idea. When i got upstairs, it was lunch hour and the bathroom is right next to the kitchen. So, I smelt food, and immediately knew I wasn't going to last any longer. I ran down the stairs to get away from the kitchen, threw open the bathroom door, and vomited for 3 hours.

My mama dukes loves me, so she came all the way to Toronto to pick me up. She had Jen set up a bed for me on the main floor (close to the bathroom). By this time, I had nothing left for my body to purge, and today I am fine.

But the moral of the story is...check the expiry dates on everything before you eat or drink it. It might save you some serious trauma. Oh, and don't be bulimic....

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, all I can say is that you are one spoiled gal :P

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home