Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Sandlot

I just finished watching a movie that was a total blast from the past. In 1993 a movie came out called "The Sandlot". It was basically about some kids who got together in the summer and played baseball together. But one of the kids stole his step-dad's baseball that was signed by Babe Ruth to play with when they lost their game ball. He didn't know who Babe Ruth was. But then they were playing with it, and they hit it over the fence of som guys who is apparently the meanest man on Earth.
It's such a great movie, that I just thought I'd share. And right when I popped it into my computer and the first scene played, I smiled because I remember when Jen and I were into this movie, and we would dtake turns writing letters to the main character (played by Mike Vitar). We went to quite extensive lengths to write exactly why we had to meet him etc. But I don't recall ever sending the letter, but whatever.
I laughed about it, because it's so funny how we thought he was soo incredibly good looking. He was our perfect man for about two weeks (cause I'm sure that's about how long we spent on him before giving up, and becoing normal kids. Anyways, just thought I would share that. Good movie for a Saterday sitting at work :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't help but notice that you mentioned becoming normal kids after the two week crush. I'm not entirely certain that ever happened, maybe you are thinking of some other kids.

~Aron

2:32 PM  
Blogger B said...

the sandlot rules.

i wanted to be in the sandlot, too.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home