Thursday, March 29, 2007

Coincidences

I've been noticing a lot of things that happen to coincide latley. I'll be thinking about something and someone will mention that very same thing within minutes. Or I'll be listening to a song at the very same moment as someone else (me on my MP3 and someone else on the radio or in their car or whatever). Or I'll write about something random, or think a phrase in my head, and someone else will say the same thing. It's weird.

I started noticing this happening a couple of weeks ago when I thought about a movie I hadn't watched in years, and I went home and the girls were watching it on TV. And then within days I was talking about this musician with Gemini's family, and my mom mentioned that she was missing his CD for months the very same day.

It hasn't stopped since then. I want to know what's going on. I feel like someone is watching my life and telling other people about what is happening when they aren't around. Like the movie The Truman Show. That's what it feels like. Like people know things they shouldn't.

I'm soo paranoid eh?

Speaking of which...I thought about the weather machine that was installed underground in Waterloo this morning. I was walking to work, and soaking up the sunshine, and thinking about how the government must have done the same thing in Toronto. They attracted people to this area with the weather, and built a city. Haha. I just shouldn't think. Cause if someone really is getting inside my head, I'm going to have men in black suits pulling me into a dark SUV at any moment to take me to the luney bin. I think the padded walls might be fun for a day or two, but not forever...

Save me from myself ;)

I think I've been spending too much time with my rats

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you considered therapy? I'm concerned that your strange behavior may rub off on the family!LOL

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, let us clarify something, the weather in Toronto and Oakville is not fantastic, hence, if the government did build a 'weather machine' it sucks, but I guess that is all we could expect from the Canadian government anyway. I take that last quip back, I like the Canadian government actually.

If you are going to record every coincidence that happens, I suggest you also record everything that isn't a coincidence, so, if you are listening to a song on your MP3 player, and it isn't playing, you need to record that also. I feel you are sufferning from the classic problem of biasing your results, which, in my opinion, is the entire reason fortune tellers and crap are still able to con people. Nevertheless, I shouldn't judge too quickly, maybe there is something more to it, maybe someone is playing a game with you, there really isn't any evidence to refute that.

~Aron

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home