Sunday, March 25, 2007

Trust The Man

Just in case anyone was going to watch that movie, I'd like to say that you might regret wasting 2 hours of your life. It's pretty much an all-star cast and so you'd think it would be a great movie, but it wasn't really. I can't even think of how to describe it. It doesn't fit any genre. Maybe romance but not really. It's a grim view of love I think overall. But maybe a more realistic one than normal love movies.

Basically there are these couples and they are "in love" and then they go through problems with staying faithful to their partners etc. And if nothing else, it makes you feel like that might be all there is. Well, that might be a pessimistic view from me, but it's like the movie is out there to tell you that all people make this fidelity mistake. Like, everyone cheats on their significant other, but if you love eachother than it's OK. And you can live happily ever after.

My problem is the title of the movie really. What do they mean by "trust the man"? Is it supposed to be a religous thing? Like trust God to handle love, because even though there is this human thing where people act on animal instincts to procreate with more than one person, God can figure it out and get you back together. But there is this other connotation in the title that's sort of demeaning to women I think. Because even if it was meant in a religous sense, it also has this undertone that implies that women should accept this kind of behavior. That if the guy is worth it, then you should trust him enough to stray from the relationship and return to it eventually (when he's ready) to love you for real this time.

I dunno, maybe I'm over-thinking it, but I just wanted to put that out there. I'm done complaining for the day. I don't know if I could have picked a better title. Maybe "Love sucks, but we deal with it". That would at least attract the right kind of viewing audience.

OK, I'm done, for real this time :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home