Tuesday, May 15, 2007
I found these questions on another blog I read (Hi Brianne!) and thought it might be fun to answer them, just for fun. Also because I'm a sucky blogger and cant think of anything interesting to say in the mean time. She also gave people the opportunity to ask her any questions via email, and she would answer them as honestly as possible (on her blog? annonymously?). So since I'm playing copy-cat, I'll allow you to do the same. I wont post my email here though, but if you want it then just leave a little note/comment. Or you can ask your questions in the comments, if you're not shy :)

So here goes nothing...

1) If you had to get married today to someone you actually know, and only 4 people could attend...who would you choose to marry and who would you invite?

If I had to get married today, I would marry my current boyfriend (Gemini). I know, it's only been a few months, and I might be condeming myself to a miserable marriage, but I don't think so. The funny thing about Gemini is that he's very similar to me, but in the good way that makes it comforatable to do anything together (or nothing for that matter). We often get together intending to do something, and end up sitting around chatting all night about practically nothing. We have the same family values, similar future plans, similar religious views, similar taste in music, and the list goes on. We aren't the same person by any means, but we are very similar, and I think that would help us to get along through a marriage. Even if we were to "fall out of love" I think we could tolerate eachother for the long term.

I hate the invitation part of this question. I think if I had 4 people to invite, it would depend on if Gemini got to invite people too. If he did, then I would invite my immediate family (Mom, Robbie, and both sisters). If he didn't, then I'd invite mama dukes and Jen, and his mom and dad. Because I think it would be most important for them, and the rest of the family would get a thick stack of pictures :)

2) What are the lyrics to your favorite song? Does the song have special meaning to you?

The song is Miss World - Hole.

The reason - When I was younger, I was an emotional teen. I dont think I wanted to be happy, so I spent a lot of time feeling sorry for myself, and making myself (and everyone around me) miserable. The funny thing was, that I was aware of this fact, and I didnd't care. I don't know if it was a life stage or something, or maybe a hormonal imbalance, but I wasn't cool. Not like I am now at least ;) In that stage of my life I found refuge in music (as I still do sometimes). I basically fell in love with Courtney Love (the singer for Hole) because she was "wrong" and she didn't really care what people thought about her. It was a rebellious thing I guess. The lyrics to her songs were often meaningful in some sick sort of way, and the first time I heard this song, I had just had a conversation with my grandma (I think the previous day, but it stuck with me). I asked her something, and her response to me was "I made my bed, and now I'll lie in it". Then I heard this, and it all sort of made sense. It's EMO I know, but it remains one of my favorites to this day, because I can look back on it, and smile, and know that I moved through that time in my life where all I wanted to do was be miserable, and make others feel the same. Now, I try my hardest to make people happy, and keep the peace. On a bad day though, the lyrics to this song still make me feel better.

I am the girl you know, cant look you in the eye
I am the girl you know, so sick I cannot try
And I am the one you want, cant look you in the eye
I am the girl, you know I lie, I lie and lie
Im miss world, somebody kill me
Kill me pills
No one cares, my friends
My friend
Im miss world, watch me break and watch me burn
No one is listening, my friend
Now Ive made my bed, Ill lie in it
Ive made my bed, Ill die in it
Ive made my bed, Ill lie in it
Ive made my bed, Ill die in it

Cute girls watch when I eat ether
Suck me under
Maybe forever, my friend
Now Ive made my bed, Ill lie in it
Ive made my bed, Ill die in it
Ive made my bed, Ill cry in it
Ive made my bed, Ill lie in it
I am the girl you know, cant look you in the eye


3) Who are your top 5 famous guy crushes?


This is a tough call (because I don't know 5 famous people's names). Since I've started dating Gemini, and his family is totally "into" celebrity gossip, I have picked up a 'People' magazine or two, and learned the names of several celebrities, however, I think I would have to see them to know them. But I'll try for the sake of trying.
5--I like Bruce Willis, cause he's cute for an old guy
4--I like the guy from the OC with dark hair, cause he's nerdy and whitty. But way too skinny
3--I like Keanu Reeves not for his looks but for his personality in movies like the Lakehouse, Sweet November, and the Matrix. He's sweet and charming and yet has these masculine qualities still.
2--Um, this is hard. I like the guy who plays House on the tv show House (Hugh Laurie or something), again not for looks, but for personality, because he's amusing, and antisocial and smart. But in real life, I wouldn't be looking for that personality. It's just a pretend thing ok?
1--I can't think of another one. I don't like actors really. Maybe based purely on looks, I might have said Josh Hartnett, but he's seeming far less appealing to me latley maybe because he's gotten far too skinny, but I don't really know.

4) Can you name one moment after which you were never the same? Tell me about it.

I was never the same after I had a conversation with my mom. I was sitting on the floor at the end of my bed, and my mom sat on my bed. It was on that day that I realized that I was ashamed of who I had become, and I made a vow to myself that I would be different from that day forward. I grew much much closer with mama dukes after that, and I don't remember a day since then that I have been absolutly downright miserable. I don't know if I could have done the things I've done to date without having had that conversation. It meant the world to me, and changed me for the better, permenantly.

5) If you could have one super power, what would it be and why would you want it?

I would have the ability to be invisable. I've discussed this in a prevous blog, so I wont expand here...but seriously how cool would this be?
I want that....!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

Miss World, one of my favs too. I too once loved Courtney...My ex use to call me Courtney...probably not a good thing.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! It's interesting that a conversation that we had (that I can't specifically remember!) would have that much impact! I love who you are! I always have! It's amazing/scary that anyone can have that kind of impact on someone...especially their child ! Makes you realize that you must always think before you speak!!

11:02 AM  
Blogger B said...

1) LOVE that you stole my questions :)

2) I tagged your ass on my blog

3) I also wrote about the bus ride from hell. YOU KNOW YOU LIKED IT!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home