Friday, May 25, 2007

You Know the Feeling...?

When you do something so dumb that it would qualify you for an award if there were stupid-police running around spying on people and waiting for them to do something ridiculous? And then you go all red in the face, and wonder if anyone noticed just how stupid you've just been? This has happened to me, but I'm choosing not to recount the tales for fear of losing any dignity that I have left. Instead I will share with you a story.

So Mama Dukes and I are on our way to work this morning. It's about 6:55 or 7:00am and we are pulling into the drive through at Tim Hortons. We do this every morning pretty much, so nothing is new or different or exciting. Except that there is a woman in an SUV with her huge gas-guzzling vehicle running behind a PARKED car. Just sitting there.

So Mama Dukes and I look, and wonder if she's wanting to go through the drive through. I say "no way, she must just be waiting for someone. The other car is PARKED". It wasn't particularily close to the drive through entrance either, and there was no line. The speaker that miraculously takes orders was lonely. So, we made a move and pulled into the drive through. A few cars follow behind us and form a line.

At this point you see a confused woman in an SUV reverse, and pull away from the PARKED car, and pull into the line-up of cars in the drive through. Mama Dukes and I laugh a lot at her stupidity. Granted she hadn't had her coffee yet, but still!! You've got to be a zombie not to notice that the car in front of you isn't moving! and there's noone in the drivers seat!!

I wonder how long she was waiting there before we pulled in and she realized she's a freakin moron!! And stopped cursing the car in front of her for not pulling through the drive through. Ah hahaha. If she has any brain cells left after all the white-out and permenant markers she must have sniffed as a kid, she'll probably think about this incident all day (at least!) and maybe even every time she pulls up to a drive through.

Good times...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still laughing about that one this afternoon!!!

10:19 AM  
Blogger B said...

I <3 stupid people. I do. I wish I had one as a pet.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Beware: Social Worker on the edge said...

haha...that's a good one. I do think I would have actually pulled into the drive thru. I think I would ahve found another. LOL

6:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to see that you and mama dukes make a stupid person insulting team. I seem to recall myself getting some guff from you and Jen when I would attack stupid people.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home